Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

LED Wiring/ Key Fob Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Wiring/ Key Fob Help

I am adding some led lights to my F150 to match my boat trailer. I would like to wire these into a switch of coarse but I would like to have them light up when I lock and unlock the truck with the key fob like my headlights and interior lights do. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Key Fob Help

Only thing I can think of is to run a relay for those light. Tap positive power from a source such as your parking lights and run that wire to the "hot in" portion of your switch and then the "hot out" of the switch to the trigger portion of a relay. Then go about the normal wiring of a relay with a fused positive wire from your battery and the hot from the relay to your lights and so on. When the switch is left on the added lights will lose power when your truck lights are off and light up with the press of the fob but only if the switch is left on. And off course you have the option to turn off the lights with the switch when your regular parking lamps are on. I did this with some led lights in the grille of my ranger when I had it. Lights came on and went off with the truck but off when I wanted them off. I hope this helps.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:17 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

Wire them to the dome light.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:40 PM

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I hooked up 3 raptor grille led s by tapping into the wiring going into a front marker light. They turn on when I use my fob.

Quick Reply: LED Wiring/ Key Fob Help