Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

LED Switchbacks??

Old 03-12-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LED Switchbacks??

Hey guys, I'm new to all this f150 stuff! Just came from a tundra. Anyways, one of the few projects I want to start first is LED Switchback lights..
I'm looking to buy the ones off amazon (JDM ASTAR) and was wondering who has done it before. Also, will I need to get the relay or capacitor for hyperlink.. If so how much did that cost you guys for relay? Also does anyone have a guide on how to do it, I'm sure I can probably find it on YouTube but was coming to you guys first! Thanks.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:07 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome to the site!
I have switchbacks on my '05. The ones I purchased were from superbrightleds.com, and I would recommend them based on quality. They are 14.95 per bulb, but I really like them. I got type "A" ones, meaning that when blinking, the lights go from amber to off, instead of amber to white, with it being white when parking lights are on. I installed the relay for hyperflashing (an EP-27, around 10 bucks at advance auto) instead of using the resistors because I did not want to cut any wiring. The relay is underneath the plastic panel under the steering wheel, honestly the best way to find it is to put on the 4 way flasher and find the source of the clicking. From there, it is as simple as pulling out the old relay and replacing it with the new one. I used some 2 sided tape to re-mount the new relay to the spot the old one was (it has a little plastic tab that'll make sense when you see it). As far as installation, you may or not need to pull the headlight out (depending on hand size), but it's just a typical bulb swap. Also, the lights are particular about which way you put them in, so if at first it doesn't work, take it out and turn it around. If you've got any questions, I'll do my best to help!
Old 03-12-2015, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by GigaFish
Welcome to the site!
I have switchbacks on my '05. The ones I purchased were from superbrightleds.com, and I would recommend them based on quality. They are 14.95 per bulb, but I really like them. I got type "A" ones, meaning that when blinking, the lights go from amber to off, instead of amber to white, with it being white when parking lights are on. I installed the relay for hyperflashing (an EP-27, around 10 bucks at advance auto) instead of using the resistors because I did not want to cut any wiring. The relay is underneath the plastic panel under the steering wheel, honestly the best way to find it is to put on the 4 way flasher and find the source of the clicking. From there, it is as simple as pulling out the old relay and replacing it with the new one. I used some 2 sided tape to re-mount the new relay to the spot the old one was (it has a little plastic tab that'll make sense when you see it). As far as installation, you may or not need to pull the headlight out (depending on hand size), but it's just a typical bulb swap. Also, the lights are particular about which way you put them in, so if at first it doesn't work, take it out and turn it around. If you've got any questions, I'll do my best to help!
Sweet thank you! Yeah I looked at aitozone and found some Novita Flashers so-27. I'm assuming they're the same thing as what you're talking about. Thank you! I'll try to do it this weekend and see how it comes out!
Old 03-12-2015, 03:59 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

http://www.vleds.com/v3-triton/bulb-...witchback.html

V3 comes with defeatable built-in load resistors.

Or you can use a Tridon EP-27 ss flasher

MGD
Old 03-12-2015, 04:03 PM
2014 Lariat

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Also PM nickpatton_128 and he can help you. He is great to do business with. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
nickpatton_189 (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by MGD
http://www.vleds.com/v3-triton/bulb-...witchback.html

V3 comes with defeatable built-in load resistors.

Or you can use a Tridon EP-27 ss flasher

MGD
Where do you put the EP-27 flasher in?
Old 03-12-2015, 08:38 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmorales30
Where do you put the EP-27 flasher in?
On a 2004-2008 F150 (circled in Red):

MGD
Old 03-13-2015, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by MGD
On a 2004-2008 F150 (circled in Red):

MGD
Awesome!! Thank you very much!
Old 06-27-2015, 11:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What about the bulbs that are polarity sensitive? The 3157ck? I heard our trucks needed those

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED Switchbacks??