Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

LED help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default LED help

Has anybody replaced the bulb in the floor shifter gear indicator with an LED bulb? Can you tell me what bulb I would need for this? I'm starting the journey of changing all of my interior lights to blue LED's and figured this would be the easiest place to start. Thanks in advance for your input!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,141 Likes on 2,840 Posts

i think they use a 194 bulb..so what ever the LED equivelent would be
Old 02-28-2013, 10:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

So the LED bug bit you too! I've changed all mine out as well and my cargo, reverse lights and puddle lamps. I love them! I haven't changed that bulb in mine to LED, curious how it looks though.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by edwards1687
So the LED bug bit you too! I've changed all mine out as well and my cargo, reverse lights and puddle lamps. I love them! I haven't changed that bulb in mine to LED, curious how it looks though.
Yes it has, and I'm infected, LOL! I'm stopping at Autozone tomorrow to see if they have the LED I need for it. And, I just scored an FX gauge face, the bezel lens, and the clear plastic lens off Ebay.... no cluster, just the face. Now I'll have one that I can take my time with and remove the green film from the back. I also plan on painting the bezel lens black and the round trim rings silver. Then I'll either replace the stock bulbs with blue LED's or I'll place a blue film over the back of the gauge face and use white led's. Mod, mod, mod......I figured it would slow down after time but man was I wrong!

Last edited by Tailrace; 03-01-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailrace
Yes it has, and I'm infected, LOL! I'm stopping at Autozone tomorrow to see if they have the LED I need for it. And, I just scored an FX gauge face, the bezel lens, and the clear plastic lens off Ebay.... no cluster, just the face. Now I'll have one that I can take my time with and remove the green film from the back. I also plan on painting the bezel lens black and the round trim rings silver. Then I'll either replace the stock bulbs with blue LED's or I'll place a blue film over the back of the gauge face and use white led's. Mod, mod, mod......I figured it would slow down after time but man was I wrong!
Sounds like fun. It never ends, it really doesn't. I keep telling my wife everything is complete on my list and then...I find something else to modify
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by edwards1687
Sounds like fun. It never ends, it really doesn't. I keep telling my wife everything is complete on my list and then...I find something else to modify
My wife only knows what she sees if she gets home before I do and there's a package waiting for me, LOL! I hope I'm home before her when my flares arrive!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 PM

Received 87 Likes on 84 Posts

Its gonna look good! let me know when you find the bulb please
Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

I've done the LED modding to an extent. Not quite to the cluster and shifter. But I did everything else that had the yellow halogen glow. I'd be interested in seeing how the shifter change goes. Been thinking a different color would look pretty awesome. Pictures would be nice of during and after!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by tareed94
I've done the LED modding to an extent. Not quite to the cluster and shifter. But I did everything else that had the yellow halogen glow. I'd be interested in seeing how the shifter change goes. Been thinking a different color would look pretty awesome. Pictures would be nice of during and after!
Will do for sure!

Quick Reply: LED help