Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

LED factory cluster! finally done!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED factory cluster! finally done!!

hey everyone, so i finally finished my cluster. its not the best out come i could have asked for but its pretty close. my main problems i ran into was i messed up the little window where the P R N D 1 2 are. and the LEDs are not bright enough to illuminate the needles. other than that turned out pretty good. as far as a how to...LOTS OF WORK!!!! i did take apart my cluster and removed the green from behind the faces. i sanded them down then acetoned them clean. i do need to get my gauges calibrated but they are close enough for now. im also considering doing the same thing to FX4 gagues. i figured out all the little tricks to doing it right now so i think i could make another cluster way better. but anyway enough rambling, enjoy pics!!!
Attached Thumbnails LED factory cluster! finally done!!-pb090002.jpg   LED factory cluster! finally done!!-pb090003.jpg   LED factory cluster! finally done!!-pb090005.jpg   LED factory cluster! finally done!!-pb090007.jpg  
Old 11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
JACK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good...gotta do a write up
Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 PM

i know. i forgot to take pics though while i had everything apart. i was so flustered and doing a bunch of things at once to take pics. if i end up getting the FX4 gauges ill definately post a how to with pics!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Silverado Slayer

looks awesome man! I really like the digital gauge on the steering column, looks sweet
Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I've done the same, then installed blue LED's (the red needles don't light up though due to the color of the LED's, change to blue needles and it should be all good) I've also changes out all my door switches, and the console shifter color, all the a/c led's to blue, as well as the headlight switch, the 4x4 is next as is the steering wheel as soon as my LED's come in the mail. I'm looking at doing the swaps and selling them on Ebay. How do I post pics?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:44 PM

i want to change the rest also! how do you change everything? you should post a thread on how to change all the other lights.i would love to do that. blue is way better than the green!!!

you post by clicking the paperclip icon at the top of the text box in the tool bar then selecting them from your computer.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Led Swap

I Cheated On The Door Switches, I Popped The Switch Out, Opened It Up And Saw That There Is A Green Circit Board On The Top Which Is Only For The Light, I Pulled It Off, Had Some #74 Led's Left From The Dash Swap, I Pulled The Led's From The Base (resistors Already Installed) And Then Pulled The Switch Apart, Ground Off The Top Of The Led So It Fit Under The Fulcrum Of The Switch, Notched The Sides So It Fit Neater, Ran The Wires To The Prongs That Held On The Old Lights (one At The Top Left Is The + , The Lower One Is The - Laid The Wires In The Split And Pinched Them Closed) I Only Had One Tang Brake So I Drilled It, Ran The Wire Through The Hole And Pinched It Closed.

All The Switches Are Done The Same Way Except The Drivers Window Switch ( It's The Express, So There Isn't A Place To Wire The Led Under It So I Had To Place One In Front And One Behind And Angle Them The Correct Way. The Driver Switch Set Took @ 2 1/2 Hours Due To All The Running Of Wires And Making Room. Still Isn't The Best. Now That I've Done The A/c I'm Going To Redo My Switches And Just Solder Blue Leds Onto The Boards (those Led's Are Soldered On The Backside Of The Board And The Light Shines Through A Hole In The Board So It'll Be A Bit Tuffer, But I'll Get It And Do Pics Of The Process. The Radio Is Gonna Be The Bear!!! Check My Pics To See How They Look Now
Old 11-10-2008, 09:38 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good man!!! I like the color too!!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 AM

man. sounds like alot of work! how much you charge to do it?!?!?! ill send you my switches! do you have pics of the switches? how do you do the ac one?!?!?!? and the headlight switch?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pic 4 makes me want to say "Taste teh Rainbow"

Quick Reply: LED factory cluster! finally done!!