Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Last message

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 09:31 PM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Last message

Ok so I thought my cam phasers were making the rattling noise but it was my driver side cat "heat shield" so I put some metal clamps on and used my impact to tighten them and now no noise after almost a freakin year ! So I'm pretty sure (mgd) will be glad I won't be "re-posting anymore
Old 05-11-2014, 11:39 PM

Received 51 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by bourgeois1269
Ok so I thought my cam phasers were making the rattling noise but it was my driver side cat "heat shield" so I put some metal clamps on and used my impact to tighten them and now no noise after almost a freakin year ! So I'm pretty sure (mgd) will be glad I won't be "re-posting anymore
that makes me want to check mine out too. Never thought of it. Thanks for posting your findings.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:50 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,580 Likes on 6,196 Posts

Don't let one bad apple ruin the bunch. That guy seems to be bi-polar in my opinion. One week he's is very helpful and knowledgeable, then he turns on a dime and bashes people at free will. Add him to your ignore list in your settings and you will never see another post of his. Also, thanks for posting your findings!
Old 05-12-2014, 12:04 AM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Sometimes people just need to hear it straight. [MENTION=171624]MGD[/MENTION] is frank about things that need to be. Its crazy how people these days cant take a joke or just read/ignore a post on a public and open forum. Least you got if figured out.
The following users liked this post:
MGD (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 06:35 AM

Received 353 Likes on 285 Posts

Glad you got it figured out. Now put your man panties on and stop crying on this forum!
MGD (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 09:05 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Morning fellers;

First - and most importantly. To the OP - I too am glad you resolved yer issue. Good job. However, if you elect to bail over something as silly as a difference in views or opinion, it will be your loss. I think you can still contribute, and don't want to see you leave. Yer call.

Second - there are two distinct camps here (a) folks who actually are open-minded enough to at least consider the help being given and (b) folks who are just looking for notional confirmation for their preconceived - and inflexible - beliefs, and who summarily reject anything they view as conflicting with said beliefs.

Third - The ignore list is a childish cop-out mechanism (and should be expunged from the forum, IMHO). Face. Your. Demons.

And, while I'm still coffee deprived, I'll list a couple other peeves:

-one-post wonders
-folks who don't read the rules
-folks who don't acknowledge help received
-folks who don't even try to search or apply a modicum of self-help discipline
-over-entitled, precious snowflakes with fragile egos
-folks who insist upon being spoonfed
-folks who can't be bothered to use the specific forum for their questions and lump everything into one forum. This place is a total mess if you want to find stuff as a result
-place needs a Programmers and Tuning forum
-The Biggie: folks need to learn to NOT take this Forum, Life, and ME, so seriously!

Lastly - to the feller who so ungraciously (and inaccurately) labeled me as 'Bipolar' .....My response is that is simply an inconsiderate reaction on your part because I do not happen to believe in Seafoam, Diamondbird, load resistors, Fartmasters, Dorman, or anything else you appear to hold dear.

However, despite yer indiscretion, and yer apparent lack of tolerance for my frankness, I forgive you.

"There ain't no mer noble a goal than tryin' ta hep folks to hep theyseffs" - Bubba

MGD

Last edited by MGD; 05-12-2014 at 09:24 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MGD:
CharlieOneHorse (05-13-2014), SLAYER-F150 (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Received 281 Likes on 217 Posts

Wait hold on a second,

you don't like dorman products?

Damn it whats wrong with dorman?
Old 05-12-2014, 12:00 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD
(b) folks who are just looking for notional confirmation for their preconceived - and inflexible - beliefs, and who summarily reject anything they view as conflicting with said beliefs.

Some people just can't handle the truth.

Last edited by SLAYER-F150; 05-12-2014 at 12:09 PM.
MGD (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

There's a difference between "hearing it straight" and being rude and talking down to people on a public forum when people are searching for help. You can tell someone the truth in a considerate way which will be received much better than "telling it how it is" and talking down to someone as if you know everything.

OP I hope you stay as I have seen several of your posts and found some to be helpful.
Summers22 (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 02:18 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Didn't take long fer the snowflakes to respond and group-hug

Frankly fellas, I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything. Far from it. I'm learning here continuously as we speak. See my siggie. If you can point me to any instance where I stated that I unequivocally did, link away.

If yer perception is causing you to believe one is being 'talked down to', that's entirely on you - I don't presume to be prescient, an empath or a mind-reader. And I suppose all those folks that have thanked me to-date in my very short time here must be delusional.

Yer both butt-hurt, for no cause other than simple disagreement and no apparent stomach fer some direct straight-talk. Rather immature, in my view. Reckon ya both need to grow a pair?

There ya go - takin' me all to seriously, agin! lol. C'mon, you guys, Chill! Let's return to the Serious Bidness of having FUN on this Forum

By the way - my supply of Olive Branches is limited ....lol

Last edited by MGD; 05-12-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Last message