Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Knock sensor/loss of power

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock sensor/loss of power

Hi, new here to these forums.

I have an 07 F150 Fx4 with 85,000 miles on it. When I bought it at 60k, it had just had the motor replaced under warranty. I've noticed recently that when I accelerate, the truck sometimes makes a bunch of noise but doesn't do a whole lot. When I try to speed up around 55-65mph it sounds like it is just shifting into a really low gear and not doing anything.
When stopped and in gear, I get a rattling sound that sounds like a loose piece bouncing around in my torque converted. If I let of the brakes just a touch, or put it in neutral, it stops.
I've changed all the fluids in the whole truck thinking maybe it was just a stuck ball in the tranny and wouldn't shift, but so far nothing.

Finally, I had a check engine light come on, and scanned this code:

http://imgur.com/42tt1DP

It's a knock sensor 1, circuit bank 1 or single sensor code, in case you can't load the image.

I'm not sure what's causing this to happen. Normally I'd check the plugs, but a new motor should mean new plugs, right? I'm a little reluctant to remove them because I've heard the horror stories that they can create.

Anyone have any ideas?

Not sure if it's related or not, but when I start up it sometimes sounds like a diesel for a minute, and theres a ticking valve. Just throwing that in there.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 AM

Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

Might by your VCTs (variable cam timing) solenoids
Old 04-16-2014, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm...that could definitely explain the power loss at high rpm. I think I'll give that a shot before trying the plugs. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Knock sensor/loss of power