Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

King Ranch Leather Treatment: FYI Product Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Ranch Leather Treatment: FYI Product Review

I have had a 2007 KR for a few weeks now and the previous owner didn't condition the seats very well. There wasn't any cracking but the leather was very dried out on the front seats. I tried using a whole bottle of the King Ranch brand conditioner with very little results. It looked good for a few hours before they dried out again. I have been doing research and asking around at a couple of local detail shops and just wanted to let everyone know that I found some great stuff!! It's called Leather Balm by S&N Products. I bought it locally in Birmingham, AL at Westwood Auto Parts but it is available many places. It was only $17 for a huge bottle of the stuff and it smells great and the results are great!! I just put the treatment on a buffing pad and rubbed it into the seats very generously. It took about an hour to dry and it is looking great. I just wanted to let everyone know that I recommend this product to everyone out there with KR leather. I will try and post some pictures up soon!!
Here is a link to the company website: http://www.snproducts.net/product_de...m?ProductID=38
Old 12-28-2009, 11:25 PM

Does it say if it works with regular non king ranch leather also?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasSuperCrew
Does it say if it works with regular non king ranch leather also?
I wonder the same thing. But it might have a color dye added to bring out the KR color.. So it might stain regular Lariat's...

But if not, let us know! I need something for my leather.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 PM

I don't think that there is any kind of dye in it for the KR leather. This product was recommended to me from Town and Country Ford's detail shop and they say that they use it on all leathers. They swear by anything that S&N Products makes. Like I said, I have had it on there for about a week now and it still looks and feels great. I will probably do another treatment in a couple of weeks or so just for good measure. I was really impressed with how it went on, the King Ranch brand conditioner seemed pretty watered down and it evaporated almost instantly. There must be something else in this product to make it stick!!
Old 12-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the review, but do you by any chance have any before after pictures?

My uncle actually just asked me if there was anything he could do to restore the seats in his king ranch. Its amazing what a poor detailing job can do to make those seats look like junk.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:17 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

i cleaned the pleather seats in my lariat with an oxyclean/ water mixture... lol

i wana know also.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:43 PM

I will post some before and after pics up this weekend.

Quick Reply: King Ranch Leather Treatment: FYI Product Review