Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

kinda f150 more china airmail

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default kinda f150 more china airmail

So this dose have todo with my truck......i ordered a "cheap china double din head unit". Its dvd nav touch screen bluetooth and just about every other option. So i bit and ordered it and figuared 100 bucks what the heck lets see what its like. Anyways unit has not arrived yet. But my question is more directed towards the airmail anyone ever bought stuff dirrect from china? I have a tracking number and shows shipped but the status of the shipping info keeps changing one day it will say deparded location then all the info will dissapear. Its just odd anyone know a better tracking site besides usps? Its being sent using china airmail. Any help would be awesome! And merry christmas hope everyone has a great holiday!
Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

I can't read your thread. Please fix the grammar and spelling errors.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:30 PM

Huh seemed pretty easy to read....oh well
The following users liked this post:
Ftruck150 (08-08-2014)
Old 12-23-2011, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered stuff from China before. You get a useless tracking number that when checking it online, your product will say shipped. It never changed status even when it was delivered to my door.

How long ago did you order and was it through eBay? If you paid by Paypal, you may have some recourse with filing a claim.

From my experience, don't expect a speedy delivery. I've gotten all that I've purchased, but transit time was roughly 4-6 weeks from the time I got the tracking number stating my stuff was shipped.

I'm located in central Canada.

I'm curious about those double dins as well. I've heard a lot of postives from peeps that didn't have high expectations, yet they were more than pleased with the end result. Hope it works out, I'm tired of Alpine / Kenwood / et al and their obnoxious pricing that have relatively the same internals as the product you purchased.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by jwsboard1
Huh seemed pretty easy to read....oh well
I thought so too.

The internet police need to turn off those cherries and berries once in awhile.

Have a shmoke or a rum ... sumthin.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:45 PM

K good to know thanks for the info...says it shiped on the 13th. And ya i payed with paypal though ebay. The seller has been great at responding and everything seems legit. So ill keep my fingers crossed. Ill let you know how the unit is once i get it. Keep on keep on waiting.....haha thanks again
Old 12-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

$100.00 for a double din radio? With all the options.....I'd not expect much; it may work for awhile, but when it breaks within the year, don't be shocked. And forget attempting a warranty claim.

You get what you pay for.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I deal with Shanghai and Thailand sellers from time to time off eBay. From there to the states is at the least 4 weeks travel time. Your shipping info will probably
be updated once it hits the U.S. You'll also probably have to sign for it as those
folks want to be sure it gets delivered, that's why most of those sellers have 99
or 100 percent feedback and for the most part get good reviews as to their
shipping. As for product quality I can't say one way or the other.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 PM

If its one of these off brand ones you should be good when i was stationed in korea you can get all kinda stuff like it ive dealt quite a bit with that sort of stuff i still got a led tv i got there still working great 3 yrs later if you can live with it not saying pioneer or stuff like that its worth it.. I actually just ordered one as well and i expect about 3 weeks or so from hong kong...usually right on target
Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 PM

I'm intrigued. Where did you find these units?

Quick Reply: kinda f150 more china airmail