Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Keypad code

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 PM
FTW NU2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keypad code

Hey, I know that recently we talked about accessing the code if you lost it and some of us were worried about removing the back seat to get to the computer module. I did it today in about 15 minutes with only a 10 or 11mm socket and 1/4" ratchet to remove the cover to the middle seatbelt. Now this is only for the double cab, I don't know about the other cabs, but you just grab up under the seatback and pull up. No screws to remove from the seat or even the seat bottom. There is no sense in giving your money to the stealership for nothing. Really, it is that easy. I also did the highbeam/fog light override in about 15 minutes too. Thanks for the great tips and I hope this helps some of you out. Sorry so long.

Rob MFK.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:37 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Rob MFK
Hey, I know that recently we talked about accessing the code if you lost it and some of us were worried about removing the back seat to get to the computer module. I did it today in about 15 minutes with only a 10 or 11mm socket and 1/4" ratchet to remove the cover to the middle seatbelt. Now this is only for the double cab, I don't know about the other cabs, but you just grab up under the seatback and pull up. No screws to remove from the seat or even the seat bottom. There is no sense in giving your money to the stealership for nothing. Really, it is that easy. I also did the highbeam/fog light override in about 15 minutes too. Thanks for the great tips and I hope this helps some of you out. Sorry so long.

Rob MFK.
So you are saying that the cover for the middle seatbelt is the only thing I have to remove? Bought my 2007 Friday and it didn't come with a code or a owner's ,anual...I do not want to have to pay the dealer for something I can do....

THANKS!
Old 03-16-2008, 05:25 PM

yes. the only thing that is bolted down is the seat belt cover. once you remove them you can pull up on the seat and it should "pop" up
Old 03-16-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by fishyguy
yes. the only thing that is bolted down is the seat belt cover. once you remove them you can pull up on the seat and it should "pop" up
Ok..just got done doing mine....

Apparently your seat was not "locked" down correctly if you were able to just pull up on it and get it out. There are two plastic clips, one on each side, that lock that round bar in tight....takes a long screwdriver and some creative "Finding" to get that to let go.

I could certainly do it again but would not want to.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Striper Swiper

Originally Posted by MyNewNCHome
Ok..just got done doing mine....

Apparently your seat was not "locked" down correctly if you were able to just pull up on it and get it out. There are two plastic clips, one on each side, that lock that round bar in tight....takes a long screwdriver and some creative "Finding" to get that to let go.

I could certainly do it again but would not want to.
glad you posted... I too just bought my truck and it came with no code.... was going to attempt this, but after reading your post I may go see a buddy at his body shop...
Old 07-04-2009, 01:16 PM

Default Keypad Code

Sorry I just saw this thread but maybe someone else has the problem. I recently purchased a '02 SuperCrew and the code card was not in the manual. It's easy to find. Lay on your back under the steering wheel and with a flashlight look up at a computer control box near the outside edge. Should be a label there with 5 numbers on it. That's where I found the code on my truck.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 AM

So the code is printed on the computer? I couldn't find a code in my 07 manul or in the manuals case. If the previous owner changed the code (if possible) then I am assumeing I would have to have a reprogam at the dealership. No i haven't read the instructions on the keypad yet, I felt it is kind of worthless without the code.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

the code on the module will always work regardless if the other has ben changed.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jbhill
the code on the module will always work regardless if the other has ben changed.
correct, always add another code, if someone saw you key it into the door, or figured it out, they can open your truck and you would never know. always use the code you entered, not the factory code.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:12 PM

Cool, when I get home I will pull out ye ole manual and look over it. Untill then is therre a way to dump any ocde that have been programed in, like if someone added there own code is there a way to dump it out?

Quick Reply: Keypad code