Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

key in ignition chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default key in ignition chime

anyone know how to turn off key in ignition alarm on a 2007 f150
Old 04-18-2011, 02:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nop. sorry.........
Old 04-18-2011, 08:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's gotta be a way. Someone on here has gotta know. Although it annoys me, it does makes me wear my belt, it just sucks for trips down the block.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh you mean the seat belt warning. Yeah, that is annoying, especially if your just driving around on the farm.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:10 PM

My bad, I misread the post. The key chime is just as bad as the seal belt minder. The key chime is loud, you could hear it from 50 ft.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

well there is a relatively easy fix for that. i can post instructions if you guys want. essentially you just buckle/unbuckle your seatbelt a couple of times and it turns off
Old 04-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Coonass

Found these on another site:

"You take the plastic covering off the steering column and find the black/pink wire coming from the ignition switch and snip it. It'll be found on the left side of the column. It doesn't affect anything else...just brakes the circuit to the chime."

"No need to cut the wire. Yes the chime was driving me nuts for 3 years. Here's the 10 minute fix.
Remove the 3 phillips screws from under the plastic collar. wiggle the collar apart. It will not come away totally as the tilt wheel lever passes through and should not be messed with. You can now lay on your back and look up at the ignition switch. You will see a small silver ball type thingy about 1/8 inch round. That thingy is the release for the ignition tumbler. Put the key in the ignition, then use a scratch awl or very thin screwdriver and press (Lightly) on the ball while you turn the key back and forth. In one of the positions the ball will move into the release spot. When this happens you can wiggle and pull the switch out of its socket. Now your holding the lockset and you can see a black moon shaped plastic doodad with the black and pink wire attached. Now gently pull and wiggle the plastic out of the metal lockset. It is not easy but is is not hard either, minimal force was needed for the removal. Now take some electrical tape and cover up the metal tang. Tuck the now covered part somewhere safe and put the ignition back in its spot on the colum. It can only go in one way, and will kinda click when the ball falls into it's locking hole. Now the ignition is back and all you have to do is align the top and bottom covers and reinstall the 3 phillips screws. YER DUN SON. Ten minutes tops. Being that you have cut nothing it can all be returned to as before in about the same 10 minutes.
Now when you step out to get your mail, or get a dead cat out of your grill there will be no annoying boing boing boing driving you nutso.
Your keyless entry, door locks and absolutly everything works 100% the way it did. Why did you ever need the boing anyway????? If I try to lock the door with the key in the ignition the truck pops the lock up automaticaly. Simply cannot lock yourself out. And remeber there is a keyless entry pad on the door to let you in if your 2 year old happens to lock you out from the inside. Cannot tell you how much more I'm gonna enjoy using my truck for work now its finally quiet."
The following users liked this post:
Frank Roberts (01-31-2014)
Old 04-18-2011, 08:39 PM

That key chime is meant to be heard by everybody within 50 feet, and is a real PITA when cleaning the inside. Thanx
Old 04-18-2011, 09:09 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

^ cleaning is my main problem with the dinger
Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 PM
04 F150 FX4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a code for it too, something about flipping from run to off a few times then put the seatbelt in and out or something of that nature. When I get a chance i'll see if I can find it.

Quick Reply: key in ignition chime