Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Key fob programming

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Key fob programming

im needing to buy a spare key for my truck before we move and was looking around and found a key that has the fob built into the key and i really am interested in that, since i cant stand more then one key on my pocket it would be real nice to have, the only thing i dont want to do is pay ford to program both parts of the key for a ridiculous price, i know i have to have the key prgrammed but is there any way to program the fob myself? with a few friends previous cars (x-type jag and saab 9-5) we were able to program it by switching theingnition on and off a number of time and holding a combo on the fob. ive look on google and couldnt find anything that anybody says has work. do you guys know anything about this?
Old 02-20-2010, 02:50 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you read your owner's manual?

No? Look at page 90.

Don't have a manual?

Look at the link in my sig.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:39 PM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

key on and off 8 times
to program the key you will need 2 programed keys or a working remote start.
turn key on till light on top of dash goes out put second key in till light goes out start veh with 3rd key or remote start veh hit brake put programed key in till light goes out start veh with unprogrammed key
Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

no i dont have a manual and i dont have a second key to program a 3rd key, thanks for the help i will order that key then and hop i can get the fob to work. and just pay the dealer to program the key itself

Quick Reply: Key fob programming