Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Kelly Safari mt tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:31 AM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kelly Safari mt tires

Looking at another set of tires to buy.Came across Kelly safari tires.Are Kelly tires any good or no?Anybody have any experience with them,how they hold up over time?I gotta say i do like the tread pattern on them.Any info from anybody would be great.Thanks all

Sorry mean their Kelly Safari TSR
Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2010, 02:09 AM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

first off, they are an allterrain, not mud terrain.

My buddy had them back in the day. He bought them because they were cheap and they were a load E tire. Pretty good tire but they were a little soft. You get good traction, but your not gonna get as much life with them as you would a different tire. That goes with any tire though. Softer will grip those rocks better, but you loose life expectancy at the same time. your choice
Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 AM
VanoFord2

Originally Posted by corey_lax
first off, they are an allterrain, not mud terrain.

My buddy had them back in the day. He bought them because they were cheap and they were a load E tire. Pretty good tire but they were a little soft. You get good traction, but your not gonna get as much life with them as you would a different tire. That goes with any tire though. Softer will grip those rocks better, but you loose life expectancy at the same time. your choice
Ya i tried to go back and chance the MT part,but to late,lol.So overall did he like them?I would like to know how they handle in the mudd and whatnot as i do off road in the mudd abput 3-5times a month
Old 03-15-2010, 12:54 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

why not try the goodyear duratracs. they look sort of similar to that picture and have great reviews. theyre a little pricey but probably worth it
Old 03-15-2010, 02:58 PM
VanoFord2

Originally Posted by ford4wd08
why not try the goodyear duratracs. they look sort of similar to that picture and have great reviews. theyre a little pricey but probably worth it
Ya i saw the duratracs.Very nice i thot,but alittle out of my price,considering i just spent $950.56 on the kumo road venturs mt's and will cost me additionally 80bucks to get them mounted an balanced lol.So i wanted an At tire and for the price its good.If you know one anyone who runs them,ask them how they like them.Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

My buddy had them in the mud a few times. His Xterrains were 20 times better for mudding. If you are mudding 5 times a month, you should probalby look into a mudterrain tire. I doubt you will be completely satisfied with a allterrain if you mud that much
Old 03-15-2010, 03:36 PM
VanoFord2

Originally Posted by corey_lax
My buddy had them in the mud a few times. His Xterrains were 20 times better for mudding. If you are mudding 5 times a month, you should probalby look into a mudterrain tire. I doubt you will be completely satisfied with a allterrain if you mud that much
Ya thats what i was thinking about actually.The mudden part.I mainly want them for road use now as i will have the road venture mt's for my mudding.I have been on other sites and the general census i get it that their not really worth the money.I don't think i will be getting them.I will take Ford4wd08's advice and probably get the duratracs,just have to wait one more paycheck,lol.

Quick Reply: Kelly Safari mt tires