Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

KC Lights Wiring Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question KC Lights Wiring Problem

Hey guys. I'm new here, and I have a problem wiring some KC HiLites Slimlites I recently installed. I looked and looked through all the other topics, but found nothing with the same problem I have, that is why I created a new topic.

I have a 2008 F-150 and recently bought and installed some KC HiLites 130W spot beam lights. I've wired everything exactly as the instructions say, but they don't work like they are suppose to. If I have my truck off and turn them on, they turn on about what I think is half brightness, and they force my stock headlights and fog lights on at about ¼ brightness. If I turn my truck on and then turn on the KC's the exact same thing happens. If I turn my truck on and my normal headlights then turn on the KC's the exact same thing also happens. I have no idea why this is happening. I am not tapped into my headlights anywhere. The only place where the KC wiring touches factory equipment, is where it attaches to the battery. I have emailed with KC, and they say that has never happened before on a F-150, and that I should wire them through my fuse box. I really don't want to wire them to my fuse box unless absolutely the last resort. I have also talked to multiple different truck outfitters in my area, and none of them know why this is happening either. Multiple people I know installed the exact same thing on their trucks and and had no problems.

Does anybody here have any idea why this might be happening. If I need to I can post some pictures of my wiring if it would help anybody.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Old 03-07-2015, 06:05 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

faulty wire harness from KC I would say, something is miswired and you have a short that is causing some sort of feedback.

Quick Reply: KC Lights Wiring Problem