Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

just purchased trans temp gauge and oil temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just purchased trans temp gauge and oil temp gauge

hey every i just recenty purchased a tranny temp gauge and a oil temp gauge i was wondering if any one could give me some good insight on how to install these things..
Old 05-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Combat Trucker

it depends on if theyre electric or mechanical. some people read the instructions. possibility?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Combat Trucker

sorry. i dont mean to sound like a dick. your gonna get different stuff from everybody and no one knows exactly what you have. the best thing would be to read the instructions they came with and ignore everyone.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:25 AM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainman
sorry. i dont mean to sound like a dick. your gonna get different stuff from everybody and no one knows exactly what you have. the best thing would be to read the instructions they came with and ignore everyone.
nail, head, hammer. he didnt like my suggestions about using a single obd2 plug on a digital gauge.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:00 PM

they are electric and the instructions suck lol. so im just tryin to get some feed back from other ppl that know a little info on these things. thanks
Old 05-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by jkieser
they are electric and the instructions suck lol. so im just tryin to get some feed back from other ppl that know a little info on these things. thanks
If the instructions suck, how can anyone here help you out? I'd contact the manufacturer; most have a tech line that can direct you. The tranny temp gauge is going to tap into the tranny temp sensor. If you don't know where that is, it's time to buy a Haynes or comparable repair manual. It's darn near impossible to describe where these various sensors are on your truck. Besides, I did not notice you mentioning the engine and transmission type or year of your truck. There are two automatic types (code located on your drivers door info sticker), and there's the 4.2, 4.6, and 5.4 liter engine types.

Personally, I would spend the $159.00 on a SCANGAUGE II; it plugs into the OBD II plug and provides what your two gauges will do, PLUS many more readings, PLUS it will read any and all trouble codes. Much easier.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:17 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
If the instructions suck, how can anyone here help you out? I'd contact the manufacturer; most have a tech line that can direct you. The tranny temp gauge is going to tap into the tranny temp sensor. If you don't know where that is, it's time to buy a Haynes or comparable repair manual. It's darn near impossible to describe where these various sensors are on your truck. Besides, I did not notice you mentioning the engine and transmission type or year of your truck. There are two automatic types (code located on your drivers door info sticker), and there's the 4.2, 4.6, and 5.4 liter engine types.

Personally, I would spend the $159.00 on a SCANGAUGE II; it plugs into the OBD II plug and provides what your two gauges will do, PLUS many more readings, PLUS it will read any and all trouble codes. Much easier.
the OEM temp sensor is integrated within the EEC's wiring to the transmission and reads from within the valvebody....good luck trying to tap to it.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:23 PM

oh really well we will just have to find out i guess.. thats kind of sucks
Old 05-02-2009, 03:03 PM

well its a 2005 xlt 5.4 4x4
Old 05-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Combat Trucker

if your gonna go with the scangauge, you might as well buy an edge and display 4 gauges and get extra power.

Quick Reply: just purchased trans temp gauge and oil temp gauge