Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Just experienced my first ford tough moment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just experienced my first ford tough moment.

I thought it was all just a gimmick but to my suprise there is some truth to the slogan: Built ford tough.

I had my 07 work truck back in my girlfriends fields delivering supplies to her brother who was cutting down trees to make a four wheeler trail.

They have 400 acres so I wasnt 100% familiar with all of the property. I was driving and came up on this weeded area, i said "hmm", i drove slower and then all the sudden *SLAM*, my front end (the tow hooks) were embeded in the ground and my front tire was hanging in the air into this ditch. My frame under the cab was buried in the ground.

I thought i screwed up bad this time, so i called her brother (who owns a cummins) he tried to pull me out but he coudlnt, (even in 4 low with me spinning in 4 low).

So we got out ole john Deer, yanked me right out and to my suprise now damage at all.... I took it to my mechanic and he looked and he said that there is mud caked everywhere but no damage.

So WOOT for John Deer, and woot for ford.

Last edited by DannyK11; 04-25-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Bleed FORD Blue

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear that no damage was done, you should have know better to get the Deer before you got a Dodge that was just wasted effort lol.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:21 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Nothnig runs like a Deere

With a Cat on its a**
Old 04-27-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by al73mustang
Glad to hear that no damage was done, you should have know better to get the Deer before you got a Dodge that was just wasted effort lol.

LOL, well he just got his brand new manly toy.... he wanted to try it out and get his first big pull with it. I guess its going to have to wait till another day. By that time, ill probly have my PSD.

Quick Reply: Just experienced my first ford tough moment.