Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Just bought my first Truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my first Truck

well after driving mustangs and little sporty cars for the last 22 years I decided to buy a Truck, its a 2005 screw 5.4L 4x4. I got a good deal on it
it has 128000km- 80,000 miles and came with a 2Yr unlimited mileage Lubrico warranty. I have a few questions

1. After driving it around abit tonight I noticed when you accelerate slightly the fan gets alot louder this normal?

2. Anyone dealt with Lubrico warranty?

3. Is there better upgrades for the headlights and fog-lights they seem bright but would like them brighter

4. I am going to change all the fluids on the truck I have no idea when the last time it was done besides the oil change today. I bought it from a dodge dealer and they used a mopar filter, should I switch that out to something better?

5. Sparkplugs could be original so I am dreading that change from what I have read here

tires, rims, levelling kit is on the to do list soon, what else can I do cheap mod wise in the meantime?

I will post pics tomorrow,

thanks for reading
Old 04-07-2010, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the truck! I just bought mine a while back and I changed all the fluids when I got it too, so I don't blame you there. I know the plug change on the 5.4 is a pain from what I have read! (I have a 4.6) I would suggest to do the gotts mod. Do a quick search on here and there is a how to thread. I will also look into getting a graphon programmer from PHP. I am going to get one as soon as I can. Well good luck with the plugs and post some pics soon.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would realy advise on letting your local dealership do your spark plugs because they are a pain in ***** to deal with. And atleast if one breaks off you won't be the one who has to pay and fix it.

Quick Reply: Just bought my first Truck