Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Jumped the truck yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:10 AM
clw

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jumped the truck yesterday

So, i was messin' around with a bunch of buddies yesterday and I really pushed the truck to it's limits. Semi-accidentally got all 4 wheels off the ground for a half second. Boy that soft suspension just soaked up the landing like it was nothing. Gave the truck a hefty handling assessment today and then got it up in the air and gave it a real thorough look over. Everything looks perfect! As far as I can tell, there's no damage! no play anywhere! my alignment is even still dead on! This is my work truck so I've refused to really play with it on or off road, but I was with some rally racing buddies last night and the adrenaline junkie in me got the better of me this time. I'm beyond impressed by these trucks, the amount of weight they can haul, the toughness all around, and now the abuse the suspension can take just blew me away. I'm sure many people want to tell me how much of a moron I am, and how it's dangerous and I shouldn't have done it. In response: yes, i've come to terms with that a long time ago, You're right, it is dangerous, but so is smoking, eating red meat, and crossing the street. And you're right, i shouldn't have, but i did and the rush lasted for hours.

I do not recommend this to anyone, I will not be repeating this, but I thought I'd share what I thought was pretty impressive. BUILT FORD TOUGH!

I'd also like to tag on a disclaimer saying this was done on a closed and secured section of road and as many safety precautions as possible were taken.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 AM
2008 FX4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool story. Was hoping for dragons and wizards but was sadly disappointed...
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 AM
clw

damn, i left that out, i went around one turn, and there was a whole herd of wizards, and i was going too fast, i clipped one at about 185 mph, give or take 150. his flock-mate got angry and cast a spell which turned my truck into a unicorn with a detachable beam sword horn. the head wizard told me he was on a quest to hunt down the evil pirate rumswaginti. and nail the princess layla. However, eric clapton HALO dove in from his high altitude bald eagle and punched me in the face for the stepping on the name layla. and then a pimp named dragon lips (there ya go) smacked mr clapton with his leopard skin wrapped, hope diamond topped pimp cane. But the clash of the awe betweeen the Clapton himself and mr. Lips created a rift in the ground out of which Danica Patrick rose like Aphrodite out of the sea. She saw my unicorn (now simply a horse) because I was holding the laser sword. NOTE: not a lightsaber, Luke skywalker comes in later but is promptly called a ***** by Han solo and mr T. Han shot first and killed Luke skywalker, along with the wild pack of wizards. One dying wizard attempted to cast a spell before he faded away and turned my not so unicorny unicorn back into my truck but didn't finish and now my artist formerly known as F150 is somewhat of a cross between a 32 ford with a blown 350 small block chevy and a charizard. Upon seeing danica patrick, i suddenly grew a mild afro of chest hair and inflated to the point where I had the body of the rock with the face of, well, myself cuz you just cant get any handsomer. Danica, or dani as I've taken to calling her, mount our new 32 fordizard and took off like a bat outa hell. This is when I went over the jump and caught some air, and at the same time pulled out a diamond ring which my trusty steed had been holding for me the whole time and took Dani's hand in marriage. We are now happily married and share romantic nights catfishing on the Potomac, and because shes kinda rich, I just bought an 05 f150.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Uberhater,Troll,Whatever

Received 110 Likes on 49 Posts

...but did you paint it orange with "01" on the doors and a confederate flag on the roof?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 AM
2005 XLT F150

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes I do agree. The build quality is very impressive. When i drove my 05 off the lot and 300 feet down the road I said to the dealer ill take it. !!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I kept referencing to the salesmen when test driving a new one and asked if there were any jumps we could do nearby, like a test range or something :P

I was a fiend for rail crossings in my old ranger o . 0
Old 04-17-2012, 04:50 PM
clw

I'm sure he loved that!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 AM
2008 FX4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clw
damn, i left that out, i went around one turn, and there was a whole herd of wizards, and i was going too fast, i clipped one at about 185 mph, give or take 150. his flock-mate got angry and cast a spell which turned my truck into a unicorn with a detachable beam sword horn. the head wizard told me he was on a quest to hunt down the evil pirate rumswaginti. and nail the princess layla. However, eric clapton HALO dove in from his high altitude bald eagle and punched me in the face for the stepping on the name layla. and then a pimp named dragon lips (there ya go) smacked mr clapton with his leopard skin wrapped, hope diamond topped pimp cane. But the clash of the awe betweeen the Clapton himself and mr. Lips created a rift in the ground out of which Danica Patrick rose like Aphrodite out of the sea. She saw my unicorn (now simply a horse) because I was holding the laser sword. NOTE: not a lightsaber, Luke skywalker comes in later but is promptly called a ***** by Han solo and mr T. Han shot first and killed Luke skywalker, along with the wild pack of wizards. One dying wizard attempted to cast a spell before he faded away and turned my not so unicorny unicorn back into my truck but didn't finish and now my artist formerly known as F150 is somewhat of a cross between a 32 ford with a blown 350 small block chevy and a charizard. Upon seeing danica patrick, i suddenly grew a mild afro of chest hair and inflated to the point where I had the body of the rock with the face of, well, myself cuz you just cant get any handsomer. Danica, or dani as I've taken to calling her, mount our new 32 fordizard and took off like a bat outa hell. This is when I went over the jump and caught some air, and at the same time pulled out a diamond ring which my trusty steed had been holding for me the whole time and took Dani's hand in marriage. We are now happily married and share romantic nights catfishing on the Potomac, and because shes kinda rich, I just bought an 05 f150.

lmao!! effing epic!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:38 AM
Ya its Dipped, Hate Away

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by clw
Funniest **** I've heard in forever!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:32 AM
clw

I was working the graveyard. Its funny what things go through your head at 4AM.

Quick Reply: Jumped the truck yesterday