Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

IWE solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IWE solenoid

Went to dealer to order the part, but was told they couldnt get one with the rain shield, and was quoted $55 for the older style. A quick search on here gave me the part number, google sent me to Amazon. Fed Ex dropped of part today and my 4wd is working perfectly again and for $20 cheaper than the dealers old style part. Thanks for the info...
Old 07-30-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlkx4
Went to dealer to order the part, but was told they couldnt get one with the rain shield, and was quoted $55 for the older style. A quick search on here gave me the part number, google sent me to Amazon. Fed Ex dropped of part today and my 4wd is working perfectly again and for $20 cheaper than the dealers old style part. Thanks for the info...
It is strange that the dealers do not know about such problems and fixes or at least be competitive. The dealer near me had not even heard of the problem and would have to order the part in at a higher cost than what I could get it at. Needless to say they will not get my discretionary business, they could at least have acted like they gave a sh. They should not even be selling the old style now that the shroud unit is available.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Uberhater,Troll,Whatever

Received 110 Likes on 49 Posts

My dealer is smarter than yours. The parts guy will match any price I find online or at a local parts place. And he is familiar with the variations of parts, knows the pluses and minuses of same. A good place to do business.

Quick Reply: IWE solenoid