Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

IWE issues

Old 04-09-2016, 11:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default IWE issues

Hey guys I have a 2005 ford f150 5.4L 4wd. I recently noticed a slight vibration at 60mph and up. First I checked my tires while checking I noticed my drivers side strut spring was snapped. So I replaced both sides with springs and got new tires on. The vibration is alot better but still present. So a friend of mine said check the IWE'S and solenoid. I first checked at the IWE'S turned the truck on and grabbed the shaft by the cv joint from what I've read the shaft should completly turn all the way around freely in 2wd both sides move a inch or so then it's solid. So I then checked the vacuum lines running to each side neither side has any vacuum. So I checked at the solenoid and no vacuum there either. Where does the vacuum come from on the motor? The intake? Where does it connect? The soleniod seems to be working correctly I put the truck In 4wd and the solenoid clicks on and clicks off when shut off.
Thanks guys
Old 04-09-2016, 12:39 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

check the inline check valves located at the top of your motor.. the valves are one way and also your lines my have a leak in them.. troubleshoot with a vacuum pump. you can barrow one from most auto parts stores.. look up the IWE thread on this forum for proper troubleshooting procedures..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IWE issues