Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Its winter and my window won't go up or down.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its winter and my window won't go up or down.

Today i was out fishing and a buddy rolled my passenger power window down and couple inches. Now it wont go up or down. I've already tried taking the drivers switch apart and cleaned it (knowing that the power goes through there first. I dont know if my motor is shot or what. Anyone else have any ideas on thing I could check?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:37 PM

first not sure were u r at but if it is way freezing sometimes locks/windows freeze and wont work
try heating the area
today someone came in to where i was at (bar on my way for a sled ride and was going to pay $480 for a new motor for the window that wouldnt go up for them lol..took me 5 min and a screwdriver to fix it.
since u already were smart enough to take it apert that was the foirsst thing lol
now when u go to the other windows listen to the switch when u use it and u will hear a quiet click from the relay ..is the window m aking this sound ?
third WD40 the chit outta the area..
if none work u need a new motor gl bro ..burp....
Old 01-18-2011, 08:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have power to the switch?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by mcmarkrazz
first not sure were u r at but if it is way freezing sometimes locks/windows freeze and wont work
try heating the area
today someone came in to where i was at (bar on my way for a sled ride and was going to pay $480 for a new motor for the window that wouldnt go up for them lol..took me 5 min and a screwdriver to fix it.
since u already were smart enough to take it apert that was the foirsst thing lol
now when u go to the other windows listen to the switch when u use it and u will hear a quiet click from the relay ..is the window m aking this sound ?
third WD40 the chit outta the area..
if none work u need a new motor gl bro ..burp....
When I push the button on either side it doesn't click. Is there a way I can get the window up if the motor is shot?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 AM

no click means either the motor is shot or possible the conectors are not touching so try holding down the button and smacking the inside area around the door panel and controls works wometimes enough to get it up anyway..to get the window up u will have to pull of the door panel off and manually force it up but no other way i am aware of..gl
Old 01-22-2011, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I got lucky yesterday and was coming off the ice and hit the button and it went up. I'm guessing its a lost connection. The trail on and off the ice is pretty bumpy. Window is locked on my side so hopefully this wont happen again this winter. Thanks again.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:01 AM

my windows don't go up or down don t no if getting power or not will take meter tonight just thought maybe fuse or relay and where would it be its my sons truck
Old 10-05-2012, 07:06 AM

transmission over drive kicks on when you shut truck off. when you start truck you have to turn off or you fill it slipping. When you turn off drives fine why is this the truck is a 04 F/4

Quick Reply: Its winter and my window won't go up or down.