Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

And Its Done!!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Goombah Stomper

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default And Its Done!!

Finally, after putting it off for so long, the bed lights are done!

i have to give props to Tide for this one.

i love the amount of light they give off. gonna be perfect for midnight fishing on the beach!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That's really neat, I've never seen that before. That would be great for night time tailgating or camping.

How are they wired? To the factory bed light?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Goombah Stomper

Originally Posted by nichos
That's really neat, I've never seen that before. That would be great for night time tailgating or camping.

How are they wired? To the factory bed light?

nope! we wired them into the fuse box and then ran the switch right under my steering wheel. its gonna be great for the beach! best 100 bucks ive spent!

thats y i liked it when Tide did it, cuz ive never seen it b4 either!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice

Where did you purchase them at and how hard was it to install!? Looks really nice!!!!! Much props
Old 05-09-2008, 02:36 AM
Goombah Stomper

Originally Posted by tehtmb
Where did you purchase them at and how hard was it to install!? Looks really nice!!!!! Much props
Thanx guys. These are lights made by Recon. You can order it straight from their website www.gorecon.com i believe. The install actually wasnt that hard. I had planned to run them through the back wall of the cab so I had the whole backseat out, which was a real pain in the rear. but you can run the wires into the cab from a lil rubber piece thats right underneath the wire harnesses that run under the door seals. they hold onto the rails with 3M tape, but for some reason, mine really wasn't that sticky, so i used self-tap screws. Itll take a good afternoon to install them, but its well worth it
Old 05-09-2008, 05:45 AM

'morning JorgeRod54,

After your done fishing, I got a smoker on my deck. If you want to drop by, we can smoke those fish. I use apple chips for my smoker. I like the sweet taste of the smoke.

I didn't go to the link, but is is standard type bulbs, or are the bed lights LED's?

Your bed liner, it doesn't look standard either... mine was a solid wall up to the topper. Yours has a more scalloped look.

Anyway you look at it, that is a pretty nifty idea. I have never seen anyone with lights in their bed like that. Way cool!

Mitch
Old 05-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Goombah Stomper

Originally Posted by Mister Mitch
'morning JorgeRod54,

After your done fishing, I got a smoker on my deck. If you want to drop by, we can smoke those fish. I use apple chips for my smoker. I like the sweet taste of the smoke.

I didn't go to the link, but is is standard type bulbs, or are the bed lights LED's?

Your bed liner, it doesn't look standard either... mine was a solid wall up to the topper. Yours has a more scalloped look.

Anyway you look at it, that is a pretty nifty idea. I have never seen anyone with lights in their bed like that. Way cool!

Mitch
Mornin Mitch!

I am definately down for smokin some fish! could definately use the food since im a poor college student. I like apple myself, as well as mesquite

ya, these lights are LEDs. they're 4 bars of 6 LED bulbs and u can set them however u want. i almost got creative and put them in the cab to light it up, but that would have been a waste for now i guess.

The bed liner came with the truck. im not sure if the previous owner had it done or what, but i do know that it looks pretty sharp compared to some other cheaply done ones that ive seen! i highly suggest these to anyone who gets bored or wants a lil more light
Old 05-09-2008, 10:08 AM

looks good!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:51 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks good. I love mine.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks awesome Jorge!!! Awesome mod!!!

Search this Thread