Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Intro newbie and truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Intro newbie and truck

Hi all,

stumbled across the site

couple of questions, and (i did read the stickys on these topics)

the dealer put a drop in bedliner and i took a look under it and it has been worked a little, ouch! I will remove it soon to see what i'm working with. Priced a Line X this morning, $375 plus tax, would this be a good move?

I thought to myself if there are any major dents in the bed it may look better just to stay with the drop in, am i thinking correctly?

2nd question,

I've had some pretty sorry exhaust work done in the past, I am not familiar with the local shops now, what is the best way I can find a good installer that won't do a sorry job?

here is the truck, also, does Autozone sell anything that conditions the king ranch leather?

Last edited by LaAngler; 03-07-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Combat Trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the bed liner is totally up to you. to find a good exhaust shop, ask around. if your at a gas station or any kind of store and you see someone with exhaust, ask them where they got it from and if theyre satisfied with the work. and autozone sells tons of cleaning stuff. i know they have leather cleaner and conditioner.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dude i went to autozone and got the herculiner kit and i absolutley love it and would reccomend it to anyone it is very durable just as durrable as any of those $500 spray in ones and it took me about 2 hrs to do the 2 coats they reccomend!!
http://www.herculiner.com/
i know you can get it at an autozone and tractor supply around here but you can order it too!!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh and if you do do it yourself dont get the duplicolor or any of the other paint in liners ive tried them all on past trucks herculiner is def the best!!
just trying to save you a pretty penny bud
Old 04-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Average Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LaAngler
Hi all,

stumbled across the site, just picked up my new to me 05 screw F150

couple of questions, and (i did read the stickys on these topics)

the dealer put a drop in bedliner and i took a look under it and it has been worked a little, ouch! I will remove it soon to see what I'm working with. Priced a Line X this morning, $375 plus tax, would this be a good move?

I thought to myself if there are any major dents in the bed it may look better just to stay with the drop in, am i thinking correctly?

2nd question,

I've had some pretty sorry exhaust work done in the past, I am not familiar with the local shops now, what is the best way I can find a good installer that won't do a sorry job?

here is the truck, also, does Autozone sell anything that conditions the king ranch leather?
I've used most types of liners. I personally like the "spray in liners". They don't rub your paint or wiggle and make noise and they add value to the truck (usually). I've sprayed or rolled Gatorgaurd, Herc, and a few of others. Personally I prefer Line-X but that is just my opinion. If done right most spray on liners are pretty decent. Prep is the biggest factor. Anything done fast and with shortcuts will not be right. So... do whatever you like for your truck. By the way, if you have major dents you may want to have them fixed first anyway. By if you have small "work related" dents the spray in liners will make much of those disappear.

Ask around for the exhaust work. Look for local car/truck clubs and ask them. Or like stated above ask someone when you see them.

Last edited by Brattonr; 04-22-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Intro newbie and truck