Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Interior Lighting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 04:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Interior Lighting Problem

I've had this problem on my 2006 since I just recently got it. I asked previously in here and was told dimmer switch or door switches. Checked everything, replaced dimmer switch, still have the problem where if you hit the dash, the interior lights and outer cargo light turns on. There's a trailer brake that has been installed and it looks like it taps into the wiring area that the interior lights go to as well. I was knocking on this bundle of wires which included the blue and black interior lights wire and it was coming on and off. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm guessing the wiring is messed up somewhere up in there but I'm not to sure what it'll cost to have it be "fixed" or if I could do it myself. Any help is appreciated
Old 09-30-2015, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the gauge cluster. Had similar issues and replaced the gauge cluster. All is fixed. Easy to do aswell. Search gauge cluster issues
Old 09-30-2015, 08:49 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by SamMcClurg
There's a trailer brake that has been installed and it looks like it taps into the wiring area that the interior lights go to as well. I was knocking on this bundle of wires which included the blue and black interior lights wire and it was coming on and off. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm guessing the wiring is messed up somewhere up in there but I'm not to sure what it'll cost to have it be "fixed" or if I could do it myself. Any help is appreciated
I would first disconnect the trailer brake controller wiring to that blue power lead for the interior lights. Then test the interior lights for proper operation.

Then locate another lead for the trailer brake controllers power lead. On my trailer brake controller, I used the power lead to the power accessory (a.k.a. cigarette lighter).
Old 09-30-2015, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
I would first disconnect the trailer brake controller wiring to that blue power lead for the interior lights. Then test the interior lights for proper operation.

Then locate another lead for the trailer brake controllers power lead. On my trailer brake controller, I used the power lead to the power accessory (a.k.a. cigarette lighter).
The trailer brake connects to a main bundle of wires. Would I disconnect it there? And the blue wire, is it light blue? There's a light blue wire that looks like it has something to do with the brake. Is it that one? Sorry if I sound dumb, don't know too much about this stuff.

Quick Reply: Interior Lighting Problem