Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Interior dome light will not turn off

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 11:26 AM
What base model?

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Interior dome light will not turn off

Got into my '04 XL supercab this morning and got a little down the road when I noticed the interior dome light was still on. I stopped and made sure all the doors were closed and waited a little bit and it wouldn't turn off. It was on while the truck was running and after I turned it off. I didn't want to be late for class so I left it and will probably have to get a jump later. Anyone else experience this issue?
Old 09-11-2015, 04:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyMobile
Got into my '04 XL supercab this morning and got a little down the road when I noticed the interior dome light was still on. I stopped and made sure all the doors were closed and waited a little bit and it wouldn't turn off. It was on while the truck was running and after I turned it off. I didn't want to be late for class so I left it and will probably have to get a jump later. Anyone else experience this issue?
See that little roller switch next to your headlight dial switch? That is your dash guage light dimmer. If you roll it all the way to the brightest setting, then click it once more, it will turn on your dome lights and third brake light. Try rolling it the opposite direction and see if that turns them off.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pausnsk:
jbradley (02-01-2024), jrod06f150 (02-10-2023)
Old 09-11-2015, 07:20 PM
What base model?

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pausnsk
See that little roller switch next to your headlight dial switch? That is your dash guage light dimmer. If you roll it all the way to the brightest setting, then click it once more, it will turn on your dome lights and third brake light. Try rolling it the opposite direction and see if that turns them off.
Thanks man haha
Old 09-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

and if that does not work.. check the position of the switch on the dome light itself... theres on/off/on with door open
Old 02-01-2024, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pausnsk
I just want to thank you. I am a female (66 yo widow) and my battery was dead after grocery shopping (9pm). Someone was able to jump the battery and I got home but I realized my interior lights would not go off. I followed your advice and the lights turned off. Again, thank you so much!.
The following users liked this post:
Pausnsk (02-02-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 05:35 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Sorry for you're loss and glad we could help.

Quick Reply: Interior dome light will not turn off