Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Installing aftermarket stereo that doesnt take Satalite Antenna Plug...

Old 03-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Bruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing aftermarket stereo that doesnt take Satalite Antenna Plug...

I just bought an 2007 STX scab and went to put my stereo in it and have found that the stock stereo has satalite. My aftermarket stereo takes the regular satalite plug and obviously the satalite one in the truck does not fit it. A. Is there going to be another plug floating around in there or B. Do they make an adapter for this sort of thing? Ive searched around and havent found an answer. Anybody?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:57 PM

What kind of aftermarket deck do you have? I've seen different adaptors for that sort of thing. I'd start by looking at Crutchfield.com.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:40 PM

You have to take the little plastic cap off the stock antenna. It pulls off very easy, and it is a standard sat. antenna connector underneath.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:13 PM

On the factory plug there is a little white clip that pops straight up from the factory plug. Then the antennae will pull straight out. Just be easy. Most of the factory antennaes I've seen at the shop have a green plug. After that it should plug up to any aftermarket box cause they all have a standard plug now..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing aftermarket stereo that doesnt take Satalite Antenna Plug...