Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

installed HID's and now my high beam light on the dash is on?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default installed HID's and now my high beam light on the dash is on?

installed HID's and now my high beam light on the dash is on? wtf installed a kit on my low beams and fog lights and the light on the dash is on any ideas. when i measure voltage on my headlight harness(low) i get 12v between low and gnd and 0v on high on drivers side. now the wierd on passenger side i get 12v between low and gnd and 7v between high and gnd. why? any help would be helpfull all hids work on low
Old 03-25-2010, 11:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you've got the wires mixed up going to the kit
Old 03-26-2010, 10:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they work. as they are soposed to if u mix up polarity they will not even come on
Old 05-26-2014, 01:13 AM
johns93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey I had same problem , call manufacturer said check ground , that was it the light is off.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello. I had this same experience when I installed an HID conversion on my '08 SuperCrew. I have a bi-xenon kit for my highs and lows, and my fog lights are standard halogen. I only had one bulb hooked into the controller, so I could test to make sure it was wired properly for high and low. With only one bulb plugged in, my high-beam indicator would glow faintly. Now, if I turned my fog-lights on, the high-beam indicator would go off as it should be. I had a theory, so I finished the rest of my install. After the kit was fully installed, I turned my lights on, without the fogs, and the indicator stayed off as it should. It's resistance. The HID's don't cause nearly as much draw as the standard halogens do. So, only having one hooked up to my system caused a resistance issue and that's why my indicator light was glowing faintly. I have never had this problem since. It is possible you may have to purchase load capacitors (crap solution, I know) and install that in line behind the controllers for both light kits. Seeing as how all of your forward facing lights are HID, it might be your best solution. If anyone else has any input, by all means...

Oh, and my grounds were not an issue. They were properly bonded to my frame.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this might be a stupid question, but when you hit your hit beam switch do the lights turn off??
Old 05-28-2014, 04:06 AM

Hey, I just installed an hid kit also on my 06 Lariat. The high beam light on the cluster comes on only when i turn my fog lights on. When the headlights are on its off and as soon as i turn the fogs on it lights up. I already checked the grounds and they are all as they should be, properly grounded. Any other suggestions besides the load capacitors?
Old 12-25-2018, 08:36 PM

I know this is an old thread.... did anyone figure out a tried and proven solution?
Old 12-27-2018, 07:10 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

i put led bulbs in mine and the icon on the dash seems to be about half way illuminated . everything seems to work right...low beam high beam, fogs.... so i have just accepted it....
Old 12-30-2018, 02:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danlexani
i put led bulbs in mine and the icon on the dash seems to be about half way illuminated . everything seems to work right...low beam high beam, fogs.... so i have just accepted it....
Same issue here, installed LED bulbs in head lights and fog lights, when I just have the headlight on it's fine, when I turn on the fog light too the high beam indicator is also faintly lit. I also just deal with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: installed HID's and now my high beam light on the dash is on?