Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Installed 2 inch auto spring finally.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 03:45 PM
kmc
kmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed 2 inch auto spring finally.

Order the kit friday morning and it arrived monday. I started monday after noon and finishe up around 8pm. I took my time and didn`t get into a hurry. The hardest part was getting the upper ball joints to seperate they where really tight. Anyone doing this i suggest that you just follow the directions and just jack up one side at a time. I was going to be smart and jack both sides up to keep from removing the sway bar. Lucky I had heavy duty jack stands under the truck. I was working on the upper ball joint when the truck slipped off the jacks, not a good thing "kind of scary", so please use jack stands. I`ve done several lifts over the years and never had that to happen before. So don`t think it can`t happen to you. Over all it wasn`t to bad a job just take your time. I took the truck the next morning and had it realigned, the toe was out. The truck looks like a 4wd now, with plenty of room for bigger tires. I can tell no difference in the ride or handling. The best part it only cost me around $105 and a few hours work. The truck sets perfect. While I had it apart I painted the frame, shock tower and the upper control arms.
Attached Thumbnails Installed 2 inch auto spring finally.-img_0245.jpg  
Old 10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I bleed blue.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good man. Where did you get the auto springs????????
Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
kmc
kmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the tole free number off the inter net. They shipped it the same day. There is a little work involed but just about anyone can do it. Removing the bottom strut bolt takes a large socket and wrench.

Quick Reply: Installed 2 inch auto spring finally.