Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Infinity Kappa F-Door Tweeter Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 02:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Infinity Kappa F-Door Tweeter Fit

I just received my Infinity Kappa 6x8 components and the tweeter doesn't fit in the factory tweeter hole. What do y'all recommend me to do in order to get it to fit in the factory spot? If anyone has any pictures, that would be great as I'm definitely a better visual learner.

Thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Zax
♫♪ I Hold On ♫♪

Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

I have the same speakers in mine. I had a shop here install my sound system and I am hoping to get it back here any day...but I know he had to cut the plastic to make them fit...not sure the fine details but I will get pics of what they look like installed when I get my truck back...oh how I miss it..been 5 days now. -_-
The following users liked this post:
FL0rida CrAcK3r (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zax
I have the same speakers in mine. I had a shop here install my sound system and I am hoping to get it back here any day...but I know he had to cut the plastic to make them fit...not sure the fine details but I will get pics of what they look like installed when I get my truck back...oh how I miss it..been 5 days now. -_-
Awesome! Some pics would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-18-2012, 04:02 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

I put the same ones in my truck, I use a drill and a knife to make the tweeter hole bigger. I then used Gorilla Glue to hold the tweeter cups in place. It was a bit of a challenge though, but nothing too unreasonable, just be careful and aware of what your drilling, the way the tweeter adjusts, and where your tweeter wires are coming out in reference with your crossover. I also mounted my crossovers with double sided tape behind the speaker, against the outside sheet metal. I've had mine in for about 2 months.
Attached Thumbnails Infinity Kappa F-Door Tweeter Fit-2012-12-18_15-50-46_301.jpg   Infinity Kappa F-Door Tweeter Fit-2012-12-18_15-51-10_263.jpg   Infinity Kappa F-Door Tweeter Fit-2012-12-18_15-51-17_877.jpg  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 06screwlariat
I put the same ones in my truck, I use a drill and a knife to make the tweeter hole bigger. I then used Gorilla Glue to hold the tweeter cups in place. It was a bit of a challenge though, but nothing too unreasonable, just be careful and aware of what your drilling, the way the tweeter adjusts, and where your tweeter wires are coming out in reference with your crossover. I also mounted my crossovers with double sided tape behind the speaker, against the outside sheet metal. I've had mine in for about 2 months.
Holy Crap! Are you telling me the tweeters won't fit behind the grey plastic grill piece? I thought there was a hole in there for the tweeter to seat in to. Oh my lord, what am I going to do now....lol
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

Well.....maybe if you really tried, it'd be hard though, to have something to mount it to.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would mount them up under the top of the das near the A pillar.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Zax
♫♪ I Hold On ♫♪

Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

Mine are gonna be mounted UNDER the grill. I will post pics when I get my truck back.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have the same kappas, i made the tweeter hole a little bit bigger than the tweeter and used one of the tweeter adapters broke off the tabs, drilled a hole small enough for the included screws and screwed in the adapter and popped the tweeter inplace, lined up the grooves and turned and locked the tweeter. i half assed it but was satisfied and these kappas sound awesome with my pioneer avic-x940bt

Infinity Kappa F-Door Tweeter Fit-forumrunner_20121218_212802.jpg

Infinity Kappa F-Door Tweeter Fit-forumrunner_20121218_212823.jpg
The following users liked this post:
FL0rida CrAcK3r (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by f150stonegreenscrew
i have the same kappas, i made the tweeter hole a little bit bigger than the tweeter and used one of the tweeter adapters broke off the tabs, drilled a hole small enough for the included screws and screwed in the adapter and popped the tweeter inplace, lined up the grooves and turned and locked the tweeter. i half assed it but was satisfied and these kappas sound awesome with my pioneer avic-x940bt
Thanks for posting those pictures. I definitely want to be able to hide them behind the grill in the door. A couple questions for you.....

1. Did the adapter piece come with the components or where did you get it

2. What did you use to make the hole bigger?

My 2-way kappas came in yesterday and I installed them into the rear doors last night after work. The installation was a breeze thanks to some research on this forum that let me know where all the screws were before I started taking the door panel off. The sound quality coming from those speakers is unbelievable and can't wait to get the components, which should be delivered today. And then when I get paid on Friday, if the world doesn't end, then I'll be placing my order for the Kenwood DNX6190HD Nav/Bluetooth/MP3/USB/CD/DVD and then I'll have a top of the line audio system. Then, down the road, I'll be getting a dual 10" FoxBox to throw under the back seat and put some 10s in a mount the amp behind the back seat and mount a bass **** near the drivers seat. My mother-in law is getting me the front and rear WeatherTech DigiFit Floormats for Christmas, so once I get the LEDs, the entire interior will be complete; for now anyways

Quick Reply: Infinity Kappa F-Door Tweeter Fit