Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.
View Poll Results: What would you do?
Take the trade
76.47%
Find away to pay off the rize by March, $1200.
23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Impulse decision, right or no?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Impulse decision, right or no?

So.. I went in to the Offroad store where I have(had) my 8" rize lift on lawaway. Owner was giving me a hard time about ever getting it paid off(hey I was 60% there).

He then offered me to not charge a restocking fee. And all the money I've paid I can use on anything in the store. I tell him there is one problem, I allready have 37x12.5'sx17s sitting in my garage waiting on the lift. He goes I'll take them and give you cash difference on price for in-store credit.

After looking around the store, and his catalog I decided to take him up on that. Now two hours later I'm debating on wheter or not I made the right choice. I called him immediatly when I began to have doubts, he said he would give me untill tuesday to make a final decision, if no decision is made by then he assumes I want the rize kit, but I NEED to have it paid for by March or he will begin charging interest(I can't blame him, I've only been paying about 50 a month....)

Here's what I'm getting:
K&N FIPK Series 57
Edge Evo with pod, that he will paint to match dash
Front Bull Bar
3" front leveling kit, 2" rear add-a-leafs
Smoked 3rd Brake light and Tail-lights
Toyo Open Country M/Ts 35x12.5x17s

Here's what I could have had:
8" Rize lift
Toyo Open Country M/T's 37x12.5x17s

What would you do????
Old 02-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Brother....dude. Take the trade

Much better than the Rize and 37's. Definately more bang for the $$ IMO.

Then, if you ant to improve the weakness of the EDGE, send that edge to Bill over at PHP.
www.powerhungryperformance.com and have him turn it into a custom tuned Gryphon....and you will be waaaayyy happy.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:43 PM
ranorris2

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I think you would be happy with the trade, but once you get all of the above put on your truck and your only 3" higher, your gonna wish you waited around and got the 8" rize. I think anyone who lifts there truck will always want to go bigger. thats just my 2 cents
Old 02-07-2009, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
Brother....dude. Take the trade

Much better than the Rize and 37's. Definately more bang for the $$ IMO.

Then, if you ant to improve the weakness of the EDGE, send that edge to Bill over at PHP.
www.powerhungryperformance.com and have him turn it into a custom tuned Gryphon....and you will be waaaayyy happy.

I was browsing that site earlier. What all does that include, do you just mail him the box, and give him your vehicle specifics. alla 5.4L Flex Straight pipe single exahust 4.10 gears 35" tires, K&N FIPK,

Or does he simply ask you what you want your truck to do?

Or combination of both?

How much we talking?

I noticed there is different logos' available, how do I make one that says "Husker Power" so he can program that in their too.......
Old 02-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rollingthunder
I was browsing that site earlier. What all does that include, do you just mail him the box, and give him your vehicle specifics. alla 5.4L Flex Straight pipe single exahust 4.10 gears 35" tires, K&N FIPK,

Or does he simply ask you what you want your truck to do?

Or combination of both?

How much we talking?

I noticed there is different logos' available, how do I make one that says "Husker Power" so he can program that in their too.......
Well, just as with any custom tune you provide all of your mods, driving habits, wants needs ,etc. He changes the software (he helped design the software on the edge) so it can accept custom tuning. You get the Gryphon back in a week or so and drive your truck with either the stock tunes or your OEM configuration.

As for the logo...you will go here for directions.
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services13...hread.php?t=32

Hit them up for any questions and better answers, They Corey and Bill are very nice people and their customer service is usually unmatched.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it would depend on if you think you actually will be able to pay off the lift by march. If you can then I would go with the lift, but if not then go with the package. It sounds like you would be getting alot. Also if you go with the lift, then will you want some of the other stuff to go along with it? Then will you have enough $$$ for that? Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go big or go home with the 8" lift. i want to get one cause the 6" just doesnt cut it anymore. especially for you since you already have lower gears.

Quick Reply: Impulse decision, right or no?