Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

i need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default i need some opinions

im plannin on buyin a cat-back exhaust.. since i have e check where i live i have to have the converter but i want something that sounds good and somewhat loud but isnt going to have alot of drone in the cab. im planning on getting duals and i was looking at a magnaflo but also thinking about the roush off road. i will be living with my parents for a little bit longer and i leave for work at 545 in the morning and they wouldnt like something really loud by the house at about that time. other than that i want something that sounds good and help with the performance..... let me know what some peoples experiences are and i have a 5.4 with a superchip cortex and a k&n fipk
Old 07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
RejectedReject

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Why don't you look into cut-outs. They can be installed easily and are pretty cheap. A cut-out is a small Y pipe that can be welded in anywhere you want. Right before the muffler is a good spot. Than you can keep it closed or open it up. I've installed ones where the cover is held on with 3 wing nuts but they also make electronic cutouts.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I HIGHLY suggest the flowmaster line-up...I have a super 44 and love it, its not too loud in the cab under load and doesn't drone at all while still having a nice deep rumble outside. I got mine with stainless tips all welded with a 3 year warranty for 400...
Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the flowmaster 50 series. A nice sound at heavy throttle and at start up. No drone at highway speeds (unless towing up hills while cruise is on), but the CAI caused that as well. s
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're looking for performance...you gotta go with the magnaflo...if you want it to sound off when you're jumping on the throttle then the Flowmaster Super 40 is ok...the 50 is a bit louder...however performance is hands down to the Magnaflo...

I've had all three on my 04' 5.4 with 3" single all the way to the back running an AFE CAI and Edge Tuner with JBA Headers.

They key is the larger the muffler you go with the deeper the tone will be. I dont know part numbers off hand but could probably dig out my old receipts and find em'. Went with the super 40 first, then the 50 series and fell back on the tried and true Magnaflo. If you're in a pinch for money, the Dynomax is almost the same...just a bit cheaper material used in it's production...hence the lower cost.

At $375.00 for the Flowmasters per piece, and $400.00 for the Magnaflo...I spent my time and money chosing the one I wanted that had the right sound and performance with the custom bends.

Just my .02

-Ted

Quick Reply: i need some opinions