Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

I know this probably isnt a good idea...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 PM
its just whatever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I know this probably isnt a good idea...

I know everyone says no to stacking lift blocks or spacers, but what about a stage 2 procomp 6" kit with the replacement coilover setup, and my leveling kit on top of that. so essentially it is the same thing as the setup I have now... a single spacer ontop of my coilover, so is this a safe way to get 9" of lift?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TexanFX4
I know everyone says no to stacking lift blocks or spacers, but what about a stage 2 procomp 6" kit with the replacement coilover setup, and my leveling kit on top of that. so essentially it is the same thing as the setup I have now... a single spacer ontop of my coilover, so is this a safe way to get 9" of lift?
im not for sure but i would this isnt a good idea, thats gonna be really hard on your front end i would say, and i dont believe the kit is designed to have a leveling kit on it top of it, i heard on TRUCKS once that anything over 6 inches of lift is impractical and well just end up hurtin your drivin, wallet and maybe even worse.... and why would you ever need 9 inches of lift.. its your truck do as you want, but make sure you know the pros and cons of what you are doin to your truck
Old 02-23-2009, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by TexanFX4
Meh, I wouldn't recommend it, I don't like my leveling kit as it is because of the angle the front CVs run at... Then with 9" of lift you are wanting what? 38" or rubber or bigger? Your cvs aren't going to take it with a leveling kit.

My idea right now is when the time comes to; remove my leveling kit and then get a 6" lift and throw on a 3" body lift with gap guards on then hopefully can fit some 40's but at that even my 4.10s will be to high and I'm gonna have to go with 4.56's at the least I'll probably go with something lower gear if I can find something lower than that in the 8.8.

Just so you know, as it is kinda common sense but usually over looked. The ONLY way to get more ground clearance is to increase the diameter of the tire..... Other than that it's all looks. Unless you are rock climbing anything over 6" of suspension lift is overkill. Just throw a body lift on to clear the tires you want....
Old 02-23-2009, 11:03 PM
The new guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-Lif...mZ120345855586

Read the please note section on this auction, says you can buy there coilovers and add a 2 inch spacer to achieve 8" inches. I dont think it would be any worse than adding a spacer to a stock pick up, its designed to function the way the were built from factory but we add spacers to them and no one complains about mal-function.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by jonny002
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-Lif...mZ120345855586

Read the please note section on this auction, says you can buy there coilovers and add a 2 inch spacer to achieve 8" inches. I dont think it would be any worse than adding a spacer to a stock pick up, its designed to function the way the were built from factory but we add spacers to them and no one complains about mal-function.

Like I said, my concern would be the angle of the CV's and the size of tire he would be wanting to fill the gap in the wheel well. The larger the tire, the more stress, the more having the cv's running at an excessive angle would concern me most of us aren't concerned with our leveling kits because most are running 33's or 35's max. But I doubt he is looking at 35's with 9" of lift....

Bottom line. It's his truck.

But he did ask for opinions.....

It may not hurt anything.
But I have a 3" front level and I don't like the angle the cvs are running at....
Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 PM
its just whatever

My understanding is, the replacement coilovers of the 6" kit would take the cv's back to stock angle with the diff drop brackets, then the leveling kit on top of that would take them back to the angle they are at now...which isn't too rediculous, and it's not stacking spacers, as it would be with only a stage 1 procomp kit, essentially the same setup as I have now. a spacer on top of the coilover. I would only want to run 37's and I would be regearing probably to 4.56 or 4.88
Old 02-23-2009, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rollingthunder
Like I said, my concern would be the angle of the CV's and the size of tire he would be wanting to fill the gap in the wheel well. The larger the tire, the more stress, the more having the cv's running at an excessive angle would concern me most of us aren't concerned with our leveling kits because most are running 33's or 35's max. But I doubt he is looking at 35's with 9" of lift....

Bottom line. It's his truck.

But he did ask for opinions.....

It may not hurt anything.
But I have a 3" front level and I don't like the angle the cvs are running at....
with just a normal 6" lift it drops everything down and the cv angles look good to me. the cv's are pretty strong for IFS and he shouldnt have any problem with that. but i wouldnt recommend it. another problem might be that the driveshaft might not be long enough.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 PM
its just whatever

I'm pretty sure a body lift would be out of the question in my situation too, considering I have this replacement bumper.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 PM
its just whatever

Originally Posted by f150mashin559
with just a normal 6" lift it drops everything down and the cv angles look good to me. the cv's are pretty strong for IFS and he shouldnt have any problem with that. but i wouldnt recommend it. another problem might be that the driveshaft might not be long enough.
Some of the 9" guys should get in on this. Is there anything needed to be done to the driveshaft other than angled blocks?...or that little wedge thing I can't remember the name of if I decide to get new leafs all together? I think even a shackle flip kit could be used to keep towing capacity, payload and handling with the stock springs? Ive been down this same road with my Z71 trying to get 9" out of 6. I gave up and went with the body lift, but I can't with this truck. I'm thinkin a shackle flip and some 6" blocks with my AAL should do the trick
Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 PM
its just whatever

you know what? I'm an idiot for posting that last post. I'm not gonna be towing anything with a truck like this, so replacement springs should be the safest and cleanest way to get the back up right?

Quick Reply: I know this probably isnt a good idea...