Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

I know, I know....

Old 02-23-2009, 12:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default I know, I know....

I know all of you when you read this are going to say that there is already many threads about this subject "programmers". But here is what I would like, I am looking to spend around $400.00 for one. I want to know "facts" on the different programmers such as; full millage, HP gain? Also, you can throw in why you like one better than the other only if you give facts too . I know everyone basically has their own opinion and that's what drive me nuts about most of the posts about this topic, because people just argue. I don't want that, I just want the facts please
Old 02-23-2009, 12:43 AM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

SCT-designed and founded by a Ford Powertrain engineer.
Edge-Some dudes.

the facts in a nutshell.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:47 AM

ok so i know that SCT is designed by the FORD guy but is it really that much better?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:49 AM

guess I should list too that I would like something that mounts and i can control things from the dash
Old 02-23-2009, 12:50 AM
none.

Originally Posted by boilerup15
ok so i know that SCT is designed by the FORD guy but is it really that much better?
if it and he sucked, do you really think his neighbor in orlando would be tiger woods?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:53 AM

I'm not saying it sucked, nor did I say that anywhere? I was just asking differences, I know your a SCT guy so of course you would say that is the only way to go. Apparently you didnt read all the original post. I just want facts please. Some results and comparisons.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:56 AM
none.

Originally Posted by boilerup15
I'm not saying it sucked, nor did I say that anywhere? I was just asking differences, I know your a SCT guy so of course you would say that is the only way to go. Apparently you didnt read all the original post. I just want facts please. Some results and comparisons.
do some searching because i have posted the facts about twenty times and i will no longer do so because those who are the most opinionated tend to refuse to actually read them...they seem to get confused by all of the big words. That being said, is it that much better? in a word....yes.

All of the others come up with new gimmicks, SCT just have more indepth programming.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:19 AM
'06 F150 4.6L V8 Triton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
do some searching because i have posted the facts about twenty times and i will no longer do so because those who are the most opinionated tend to refuse to actually read them...they seem to get confused by all of the big words. That being said, is it that much better? in a word....yes.

All of the others come up with new gimmicks, SCT just have more indepth programming.
So instead of copying and pasting the information you've "posted 20 times before," you're going to write up an entire paragraph about NOT posting that information?

Where's the sense in that?

I honestly think if you just helped him and did not whine and complain, you would make the community better for all of us.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:25 AM
none.

Originally Posted by Chapman
So instead of copying and pasting the information you've "posted 20 times before," you're going to write up an entire paragraph about NOT posting that information?

Where's the sense in that?

I honestly think if you just helped him and did not whine and complain, you would make the community better for all of us.
have you ever seen the number of "i need a programmer" posts made? I counted 6 within 48 hours just in one given week. I even started a post asking that they be cleaned up and merged, but that ever happened. Yet, there is a dedicated sticky post on the matter and a quick search would have yielded many answers....But, instead of deciding that our members would be smart enough to do their own research, we have relegated ourselves to the lowest common demoninator with just "help me".
Old 02-23-2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Chapman

Agreed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I know, I know....