Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

I have a couple questions (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I have a couple questions (with pics)

Does anyone have a line that runs under their oil filter? I just changed my oil and didn't notice how close this line really was until after I got the old filter off. It is touching the filter at the base.

This is off of my rear axle. Does the "L" mean limited slip? I have the same "L" on my front axle.

Does anyone know what the round rubber thing is above my oil pan bolt in this pic? This seems to be located on the transmission and is loose enough I can wiggle it with my finger.

Anyone know what and where this goes? Found in around the back seat.

Last edited by ArmyGuy45; 03-15-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:13 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes there is a line right under the oil filter. Not sure if mine is actually touching but it may be, it is very very close.

I am not sure if the L on the tag means limited slip but just find the axle code on the sticker on the door and that will tell you what axle you have.

The rubber plug is on the bottom of the torque converter. If you pop it off you can look up inside and see it. This is normally used as an access to drain your torque converter by turning it until the drain lines up with that hole. I haven't looked on mine yet (2008) for a drain, I know it has the rubber plug you pictured but from all I have read there is no drain in the torque converter on 2002 and up so not exactly sure why the plug is still there. I have seen others mention that they have had leaks and would take this off to drain out fluid that was leaking.

Not sure about the last thing based on the "R" I would say it goes on the right side of the truck. I see it is a ford original piece. I cant quite read it well but it looks like it has the whole part number on it so just google the part number and you might find out what it is. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by CountyMounty
Yes there is a line right under the oil filter. Not sure if mine is actually touching but it may be, it is very very close.

Thanks

I am not sure if the L on the tag means limited slip but just find the axle code on the sticker on the door and that will tell you what axle you have.

Will do. Thanks!

The rubber plug is on the bottom of the torque converter. If you pop it off you can look up inside and see it. This is normally used as an access to drain your torque converter by turning it until the drain lines up with that hole. I haven't looked on mine yet (2008) for a drain, I know it has the rubber plug you pictured but from all I have read there is no drain in the torque converter on 2002 and up so not exactly sure why the plug is still there. I have seen others mention that they have had leaks and would take this off to drain out fluid that was leaking.

I dunno if mine is leaking from there or somewhere else. I cleaned up the area and will see if it leaks again.

Not sure about the last thing based on the "R" I would say it goes on the right side of the truck. I see it is a ford original piece. I cant quite read it well but it looks like it has the whole part number on it so just google the part number and you might find out what it is. Good luck.

The only thing I can think of is that the size of those 'clips' match a seat belt, so a seat belt cover was my thinking but I seem to have all of mine.

Replied in Red.
Old 03-15-2015, 03:50 PM

The unknown part has this inside of it:

4l34-16611D84-ACW
R
C1868
1 PP
Old 03-15-2015, 10:27 PM

Anyone know a part number for that drain plug on the torque converter?
Old 03-15-2015, 11:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Is the unknown part some kind of seat belt cover. Maybe for the center belt on the back seat. The slot a the top looks about the same width as a seat belt.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:50 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Our torque converters do not have a drain plug on them, so I would not know why Ford placed a plastic access plug on the housing.
The following users liked this post:
ArmyGuy45 (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by weadjust
Is the unknown part some kind of seat belt cover. Maybe for the center belt on the back seat. The slot a the top looks about the same width as a seat belt.
Ill look at it when I get a chance. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2015, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
Our torque converters do not have a drain plug on them, so I would not know why Ford placed a plastic access plug on the housing.

Is it supposed to be loose? Could dirt get up there since it is so loose? Does anyone know a part number to replace it?
Old 03-16-2015, 04:02 PM

So the unidentified piece is the passenger side base seat belt cover. The left side is already missing so when I was comparing them they looked the same.

Quick Reply: I have a couple questions (with pics)