Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

I hate windows! Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:54 PM
MONEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb I hate windows! Need Help!

I have a 2004 Ford F150 Lariat and I went fishing Saturday and came to back to find my passenger side rear window had just fell down. This window hasn't been done but maybe a handful of times. Now I've got some nappy***** garbage bag on it because it won't roll back up. Any suggestions cause I am at a loss. Please help. Leave for 10,000 mile trip friday!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Combat Trucker

pull the door panel off and check the tracks. thats what it usually is and its an easy fix.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:59 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds tome like the regulator broke. take the panel off, wedge a board in there to hold the glass up or get a new expensive regualtor.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:04 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by volsplaya
I have a 2004 Ford F150 Lariat and I went fishing Saturday and came to back to find my passenger side rear window had just fell down. This window hasn't been done but maybe a handful of times. Now I've got some nappy***** garbage bag on it because it won't roll back up. Any suggestions cause I am at a loss. Please help. Leave for 10,000 mile trip friday!
Wow, same thing happened to my '04. Same window and everything. $189 for a regulator and $100 to fix it. bringing it to the dealer tomorrow before the rain start's. It also happened Saturday. Look's like I better get familiar with removing the door panels because it look's like an epademic of these happening lately.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

dude that sucks right before exams too!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:25 PM

Drag about the window - I'm more interested in the 10,000 mile trip. That is some major mileage. I don't think I've run into anyone doing that kind of mileage on one trip except some crazy ironbutt types I met a few times on bikes.

Where you headin' dude?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:29 AM

my window did the same thing. i just replaced the whole regulator and you have to get it from the dealership. it took me an hour to install and is pretty easy to figure out once you get the door panel off.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:53 AM
MONEY

Talking

Originally Posted by Quatsino
Drag about the window - I'm more interested in the 10,000 mile trip. That is some major mileage. I don't think I've run into anyone doing that kind of mileage on one trip except some crazy ironbutt types I met a few times on bikes.

Where you headin' dude?

Well, I live in Knoxville, TN and me and my buddys are leaving here and taking nothing but 2 outfits a piece and a fishin rod a piece and we're going to drive to the top of Florida take a right and go all the way to California then were gonna get on Route 1 drive all the way up coast then take another right and drive the northern United States. I'm thinking it will be a blast! Thanks for the help tho guys takin the blue beauty to the shop today.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:44 AM

Well, I live in Knoxville, TN and me and my buddys are leaving here and taking nothing but 2 outfits a piece and a fishin rod a piece and we're going to drive to the top of Florida take a right and go all the way to California then were gonna get on Route 1 drive all the way up coast then take another right and drive the northern United States. I'm thinking it will be a blast! Thanks for the help tho guys takin the blue beauty to the shop today.
good luck driving on highway 1. just make sure you stop every hour or so to stretch cause that road will get to u.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 PM

Well that's a heck of a trip alright. If you have the time so that you can pace yourself and smell the roses (or catch the fish) it'll be a lot of fun. I just took my F150 on a family trip from Vancouver to San Fran and back. Travelled the 101 south of Astoria, Ore. Great highway - but long (compared to the I5).

I bought my truck for this type of adventure - smooth, comfortable, very quiet and above the traffic - bicycles out back. Next trip is through BC. and one after that is Vegas and Arizona - in August!. Have a great drive!

Quick Reply: I hate windows! Need Help!