Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

i hate uninsured motorists

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i hate uninsured motorists

went camiping last week was having a great week at the lake when a routine trip to town for supplies some dumbass rearended me and the wife and kids i was so f_ _ _ing pissed she bent my bumper my tow package and the corner of my bed but on the flip side i wanted bumpers and maybe a headache rack
Old 09-02-2010, 01:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup, there are ALOT of those down here. i always try to hang close to the more expensive cars when i drive
Old 09-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Texas (and more states to follow) will fine and take your car away (tow it on the spot) if you're caught with no insurance. Great law.

Sue them.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Glad to hear everyone was ok..
most of the people that dont have insurance dont have anything to begin with... so sueing them doesnt do anything... thats how it is here in so ill...thats why i keep full coverage one my 93 f250 diesel....i could not afford to replace that truck..
Old 09-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by bobkyle2
most of the people that dont have insurance dont have anything to begin with... so sueing them doesnt do anything... thats how it is here in so ill...thats why i keep full coverage one my 93 f250 diesel....i could not afford to replace that truck..
While I fully agree with your statement that most who do not have auto insurance also don't have much money, I'd still smack a law suit on them. This way their wages can get garnished, and leins applied. If they try to buy anything that requires a credit check, they will be denied until the lien is satisfied (suit paid).

This way they do not go un-punished. Not fair to us that obey the law and carry insurance, and end up paying higher premiums because someone without insurance causes damage to you.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by bobkyle2

Check with your agent, a little fenderbender may total your truck and you still won't be able to buy another truck. They deduct because of age of vehicle, etc. You may only get $5000 if that out of a totaled truck.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 AM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

I've heard of people suing the insurance company that used to insure the vehicle...
Old 09-04-2010, 02:21 PM

i am not gonna sue her she is probably an ileagle alien any way and i have unisured motorist coverage anyway
Old 09-04-2010, 08:51 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
While I fully agree with your statement that most who do not have auto insurance also don't have much money, I'd still smack a law suit on them. This way their wages can get garnished, and leins applied. If they try to buy anything that requires a credit check, they will be denied until the lien is satisfied (suit paid).

This way they do not go un-punished. Not fair to us that obey the law and carry insurance, and end up paying higher premiums because someone without insurance causes damage to you.
In theory this is a great idea, but in reality not practicle. I won a judgement against a company before and that was the easy part. Collecting is impossible. It was actually a fairly large amount but was still uncollectable. For something as small as a deductible it is not worth it. Unfortunately as the victim you are screwed.

It has or will happen to all of us.

The best thing is that some states will impound the vehicle so it will cost the offending party something.

Quick Reply: i hate uninsured motorists