Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

I cant figure this out!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cant stand this chrome grille surround!!!!!

Ok this sounds really stupid...but i have a 04 lariat.. it has the chrome around the honeycomb grill.. does anyone know of a site or anything that sells thoes in white instead of chrome. Im not crazy about chrome. or am i better off tryin to paint the damn thing

Last edited by BigJ53; 03-26-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sure you can get it from tasca. if im wrong please chime in, but i believe the grill surround is just plastic so you can just sand it off then use etching primer or some kind of promoter (Bulldog is my favorite) then prime, paint and clear.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Yep. Lariat is considered a "luxury" model, so some chrome was added to certain trim. Other models such as an STX, FX, and others used a painted surround for the grill.

Not sure of the best steps for painting over chrome, but these surrounds come up for sale on the sales and trades section from time to time; even in particular body colors.

Check your local salvage (junk) yards, check Ebay, and Craigslist; post a thread in the sales and trades section of this forum offering to trade your chrome for a painted one. I'm thinking you'll find one in your body color soon enough. The grille snaps out of this surround trim ring. Now you can sell or keep your chrome ring in case you resell the truck.

Quick Reply: I cant figure this out!!!!