Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

I bought AT&T Cruisecast Satellite TV for my F150! RaySat goes belly up! WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I bought AT&T Cruisecast Satellite TV for my F150! RaySat goes belly up! WTF?

Ok I'm kinda sad..kinda mad and more than pissed off at Raysat and now Bank of America.

Let me start from the beginning.

I decided to buy the AT&T Cruisecast Satellite TV system for my truck. I had it installed and activated before I left for Disney about 3 weeks ago. Well I received a letter last week that Raysat was not going to be supporting the service anymore and that they were sorry to inform me that they were not going to exist anymore. Basically they have no money and are filing for bankruptcy! So lucky for the consumers that purchased the hardware and had it activated, AT&T agreed to refund the money for the equiptment.

I received a check in the amount of $2,280.00 from AT&T.
I immediately went to my bank last week to deposit the check that I had received FEDEX OVERNIGHT. The next day on Wednesday I tried to log into my bank account to check the status of the check. I could not log in!! WTF?

So I call Bank of America to see what was up. They told me my account had been flagged for deletion! WTF? They transferred me to their fraud department and they tried to tell me that I had deposited a fraudulent check and they have in result closed my account! WTF? I asked them how a check from AT&T was fraudulent. The rep replied "well maybe fraudulent isn't the correct term. It just looks like a lot of checks in this amount was recently reported through our bank so the check appears to be be counterfit"...WTF? Ok I told her the situation and that thousands of people would be receiving the same amount as I did due to the same cost for the equiptment. I even called the bank it was issued from and the bank associate said that "all I can tell you is that your bank "Bank of America" made a mistake"!!!

So as of today I'm waiting till Bank of America can resolve this matter and re-establish my account so I can redeposit the check again and get my money from the check and then close the account! That's if there is any money in that account by the time they get this **** figured out!

So in closure...FCK BANK OF AMERICA! WHO THE HELL WRITES THEIR RULES? WHAT BANK CLOSES AN ACCOUNT FOR A CHECK THAT WAS ONLY DEPOSITED BY THEIR ACCOUNT HOLDER? THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER CALLING THE BANK IT WAS ISSUED FROM TO VERIFY IT! FCK YOU BANK OF AMERICA. THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE LET YOUR DUMB ***** GO UNDER!

Have a nice day.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 PM

just found this link about whats happening.
http://www.twice.com/article/367231-...ctivations.php
Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 PM

Received 434 Likes on 289 Posts

One of the many reasons I refer to them as Bank of Bastards.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

another gov't **** up.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

exactly the reason i keep all my money in a hole in my wall, lol
jk but man that situation sucks
Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 PM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

hmm thats ny bank havent had any issues with them as of yet but just about every bank is out there to screw over consumers, ill keep this in mind thanks for sharing
Old 11-02-2009, 07:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thats why I use Chase and Lone star credit union. Screw bank of anti-america
Old 11-03-2009, 05:44 AM

Received 434 Likes on 289 Posts

Bank of America completely screwed up my mortgage payments on our first house for about 8 months.

If my mortgage is ever bought by them I'll refi in a heartbeat.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 AM
60th Anniversary

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

They really not that great of a bank.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:08 PM

They aren't a great bank at all..only reason I had them is because they are everywhere and BOA has an iPhone app.

Originally Posted by Assassynation
They really not that great of a bank.

Quick Reply: I bought AT&T Cruisecast Satellite TV for my F150! RaySat goes belly up! WTF?