Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HVAC stuck on HOT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question HVAC stuck on HOT?

I just noticed that my outside air (AC turned off) is hot, even though it's relatively cool outside. I have been complaining about the lousy AC in my truck for a couple months and it just occurred to me that maybe my HVAC is stuck on HOT, even though I have the temp dialed down to 60 degrees. This would explain why my AC is cool and not cold. Any suggestions as to where I should start diagnosing this? Bad climate control panel, maybe the actuator for the hot damper is stuck? Is this a common problem? Thanks in advance.

-Scott
Old 09-02-2014, 04:44 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Apparently...this problem is somewhat common on our vehicles. The component you're speaking of is the "Blend Door Actuator". With the engine off, and the climate control set to off...try turning the temperature **** from hot to cold slowly, back and forth. If you hear a clicking noise coming from the dash, chances are...the actuator is shot. And let me tell you...getting to that thing is an utter nightmare. I replaced a heater core in an '06 last summer...and it's about 3 hours of disassembly to get to it. And that's only for the standard dash. If you have a center console shift, it's even more of a bear.
The following users liked this post:
Scansabr (09-03-2014)

Quick Reply: HVAC stuck on HOT?