Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

How to wire headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 03:55 PM
New Truck Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to wire headlights?

I'm getting new headlights and they are angel eyes projector with led strip in them. They say I have to wire them up to my stock headlamps. I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me out. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When ever you get them post up a pic of them front and back so I can see what they look like and then I can give you step by step instructions
Old 01-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

all you should have to wire up is the leds...
Old 01-29-2014, 02:54 AM
New Truck Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wade Durrence
When ever you get them post up a pic of them front and back so I can see what they look like and then I can give you step by step instructions

If you can look at my album titled headlights and that should give you a good idea on what they look like. It's the only album there b/c I'm a little new to this site. Thanks

Last edited by Chrisboulden; 01-29-2014 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It rued but the pic is too small take a pic of the back and upload it to your album just like u did those and I might b able to see it better
Old 01-29-2014, 07:10 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisboulden
I'm getting new headlights and they are angel eyes projector with led strip in them. They say I have to wire them up to my stock headlamps. I don't know how to do that. Can anyone help me out. Thanks.
Hi and welcome!

May I ask - why don't you have the place you bought them from send you complete instructions on doing this? Isn't that part of what you paid for ? Heck, I got an install guide for my electric can opener, lol.

BTW - IF the procedure involves cutting and splicing into your existing vehicle wiring harness, I'd return them for a refund. Any decent units will at least come with mating connectors for your specific truck ( even for tying into the sidemarker circuit t run the halos / Led strips ). Making the units plug n' play. Unless you are very proficient, cutting/splicing can be a reliability nightmare down the road.

Regardless, yer gonna find that these will produce a very poor, uneven, hotspotted, narrow beam pattern - worse than what you now have ( especially if you simply upgraded the bulbs in yer stock housings ).

Hardly what I'd call an upgrade - this is cheap chinglish junk - like most all of their ilk on fleabay, etc. Bonus - they look ricey

There are many, many threads on this subject - a simple search may have saved you the grief yer going to experience.

Want superb lighting? Invest the money you saved with the refund here: www.theretrofitsource.com.

Lastly - to be clear - I'm not trying to cause you grief - I'm simply attempting to help you avoid it. It IS yer truck and yer money though. And you are the only one who will have to live with the consequences of your choices.

Good luck!

Last edited by MGD; 01-29-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Quick Reply: How to wire headlights?