Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

How stupis is this

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Default How stupis is this

One of my Helo Maxx wheels started peeling so I got in touch with the shop that did the install to ask about a warranty. Well the chrome is covered under a 1 year warranty so I am entitled to a new wheel. To get my new wheel out to me, the shop wants me to pay $470 of which they will reimburse me $250 when I ship them the old wheel back. So I'm essentially stuck paying $220 to get a new wheel. I don't know something about having to pay anything when the wheel is bad and it's through no fault of mine. I'm probably gonna tell them to just keep their wheel, I'll roll with these ones for the next couple of years out here in Hawaii and replace the whole set when I get back to CONUS in 2010.

Just chaps my *** when companies can get away with selling inferior products and stick the customer with the repair bills.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I would be PISSED! I would go speak directly to the manufactorer and see what they can do.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:38 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That is what I do, I just go higher up the company untill I can get them to foot the bill for shipping.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:03 AM
WHO DAT?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the others, bug the hell out of them until they make it right. Or you could file a complaint with the BBB. Don't know how muck good that would do though.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Going Postal!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wynterspop
I agree with the others, bug the hell out of them until they make it right. Or you could file a complaint with the BBB. Don't know how muck good that would do though.

Ever see the movie " Falling Down " with Michael Douglas? Basicly it goes a little like this.

William Foster (Michael Douglas), AKA D-FENS, is an unemployed, divorced engineer in the defense industry who's reached his boiling point. First he finds himself in gridlock, which he deals with by abandoning his car. He subsequently happens across an unhelpful convenience store clerk whose prices D-FENS 'rolls back', by demolishing the store with a baseball bat after overpowering the clerk. Soon he finds himself in gangland, and deals with some tough-looking gang members by attacking them and running them off. When the gang members try to retaliate, it fails when they crash their car and D-FENS takes their bag full of guns. Unfortunately for him, a retiring cop (Robert Duvall) is on his trail, and soon things will come to blows as D-FENS heads towards Venice for his young daughter's birthday party....

This is going to be me in a few weeks!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by wynterspop
The BBB is a joke. They are not a legal agency. They are glorified mediators. You need to go to the Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs. They are the legal agency who can get stuff done. If you are going to do it need to start before the year is up.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yep, no one knows how to get stuff done like a bunch of pissed off farmers, lol

I do have to agree with NGM, who ever checks out the BBB report on a company before buying from them. I think that a sellers feedback on ebay is more influential then the BBB.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That’s ridiculous, I would have made a scene at the store.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 PM
hummmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell the BBB your military, since you are right saying "CONUS"? Anyway they will work a little harder, yeah there are some other agencies. The bummer is the higher you go the SLOWER they get. Start with the BBB man see if it brings them to their senses, if not please let me know I get my rocks off on "loser companies" I wont even need your name, just the wheel you got and when HEHEHEH
Old 02-29-2008, 11:36 PM
WHO DAT?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04Screw
Ever see the movie " Falling Down " with Michael Douglas? Basicly it goes a little like this.

William Foster (Michael Douglas), AKA D-FENS, is an unemployed, divorced engineer in the defense industry who's reached his boiling point. First he finds himself in gridlock, which he deals with by abandoning his car. He subsequently happens across an unhelpful convenience store clerk whose prices D-FENS 'rolls back', by demolishing the store with a baseball bat after overpowering the clerk. Soon he finds himself in gangland, and deals with some tough-looking gang members by attacking them and running them off. When the gang members try to retaliate, it fails when they crash their car and D-FENS takes their bag full of guns. Unfortunately for him, a retiring cop (Robert Duvall) is on his trail, and soon things will come to blows as D-FENS heads towards Venice for his young daughter's birthday party....

This is going to be me in a few weeks!!!

So you're going to beat up some thugs and a convenience store clerk, then go to your daughters birthday party? Sorry not sure I follow you.

Quick Reply: How stupis is this