Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

How do i replace drivers side mirror on 06?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 12:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How do i replace drivers side mirror on 06?

So my F150 got sideswiped tonight, and of course the driver didn't stop. Only damage is my drivers side mirror which was demolished. I found a few on ebay and am thinking of trying to replace the mirro myself instead of letting insurance take care of it since this is the second time in 6 months this has happened. My mirror is powered but not heated and has no signals. Looks like the mirror has 3 standoffs and a molex plug for the wiring, but I don't see how to get to the other side (inside of the door) to remove the current one? I am guessing that the panel has to be removed or something? Has anyone done this, and if so can someone provide some step by step or even pictures of this process? Thanks so much!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by electricd7
So my F150 got sideswiped tonight, and of course the driver didn't stop. Only damage is my drivers side mirror which was demolished. I found a few on ebay and am thinking of trying to replace the mirro myself instead of letting insurance take care of it since this is the second time in 6 months this has happened. My mirror is powered but not heated and has no signals. Looks like the mirror has 3 standoffs and a molex plug for the wiring, but I don't see how to get to the other side (inside of the door) to remove the current one? I am guessing that the panel has to be removed or something? Has anyone done this, and if so can someone provide some step by step or even pictures of this process? Thanks so much!
The inner door panel has to be removed. For $22.00, you can buy a Chiltons repair manual (has pictures) that shows how this is done. Once the inner door panel is removed (easy), you will see the nuts that have to be removed to simply swap out the mirror. Unplug the wiring harness from the old power mirror, plug it into the new, bolt it on, and re-install the panel.

Extra bonus with buying a simple repair manual: you will see how easy it can be do other repairs to your truck, and you'll still be $$$ ahead in having the insurance taking care of it.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 12-19-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just saw this link on another thread.
http://www.kwmuth.com/techsupport/pdfs/21000960.pdf
Go get the Chiltons anyway.

Quick Reply: How do i replace drivers side mirror on 06?