Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

hooking up a flip down screen in back

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooking up a flip down screen in back

Whats up every body hope everyone had a thanksgiving. i got a question for yall if anyone has done this before. my girlfriend suprised me this morning with a early present she got me a 7in. flip down screen for the back but i still have a factory raido so i know i wll need a dvd player i wolud like to get the best but not to much cash so what will i need to get and how hard is it to do ? i got the mounting kit with it and i see how it works but i have no idea about wiring or if there is anything special to look for when geting the dvd/cd player thanks for the help folks and take care.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by j_dubya
Whats up every body hope everyone had a thanksgiving. i got a question for yall if anyone has done this before. my girlfriend suprised me this morning with a early present she got me a 7in. flip down screen for the back but i still have a factory raido so i know i wll need a dvd player i wolud like to get the best but not to much cash so what will i need to get and how hard is it to do ? i got the mounting kit with it and i see how it works but i have no idea about wiring or if there is anything special to look for when geting the dvd/cd player thanks for the help folks and take care.

its very easy to hook up.. 3-4 wires and bam your done in the back!! now on the deck up front, what are you expecting, what do you want? i.e. nav, sirius/xm, ipod, more than 1 disc holding? back up camera, the list goes on and on....throw up a price and ill be more than happy to help
Old 11-28-2008, 11:32 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You've got several options. You can go with an in-dash tv/dvd player and hook the flip down into that video source or you can keep the stock radio and buy an aftermarket dvd player and hook it up to the flip down monitor OR you can buy an aftermarke cd player/dvd player and replace your OEM radio and hook up the flip down to that. It's up to you but the wiring is pretty easy.

I've done plenty of these so I can help you out!! Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Triton v8
You've got several options. You can go with an in-dash tv/dvd player and hook the flip down into that video source or you can keep the stock radio and buy an aftermarket dvd player and hook it up to the flip down monitor OR you can buy an aftermarke cd player/dvd player and replace your OEM radio and hook up the flip down to that. It's up to you but the wiring is pretty easy.

I've done plenty of these so I can help you out!! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

same here, even tho i just joined today ive installed TONS of audio equipment...gotta have some experience under my belt (129.9, 139.9 bass racer, 145 daily )

Quick Reply: hooking up a flip down screen in back