Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Holy ****

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy ****

I was drivin my truck and playing with the 4x4 and all of a sudden when I went to go put it back into 2wd , it grinds now while moving in 2wd and while in reverse wtf is goin on ? are the solenoids in the trade goin bad ? Ford is gonna charge me 110 to even look at it!!!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:34 PM

Dosent going while moving forward sometimes but mostly while moving forward 5 mph and below forgot to add that
Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 PM
'Merican

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

How fast were you going when you switched on the 4x4?
Old 08-25-2012, 08:51 PM
fxmf4

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by fiserford
I was drivin my truck and playing with the 4x4 and all of a sudden when I went to go put it back into 2wd , it grinds now while moving in 2wd and while in reverse wtf is goin on ? are the solenoids in the trade goin bad ? Ford is gonna charge me 110 to even look at it!!!
Probably the 4x4 aucuator it could be either one drivers or passengers. heres how you tell. I know cause i have the same prob havent fixed mine yet i got the part just to lazy to fix it lol. But heres how you tell if its one of those or the hubs. Pop the hood and behind the battery on the firewall theres a little silenode idc if i spelt that right. But anyways unplug the electric switch on it close the hood. Take it for a test drive.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

That's the worst reply I've ever seen. Unplugging the actuator just drops the vacuum out of the system - no different than switching to 4wd, or pulling the vac lines off your IWE's. If your IWE's are grinding intermittently, that means you've got a vacuum leak somewhere. Look in the stickies section of this forum - you will find ALL you need to know, and then some, about every aspect of your 4WD and IWE system.

Could be the solenoid, a cracked line, bad check valve(s), bad vac reservoir, blockage in the line, bad IWE seal, pinched line, etc.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 PM
fxmf4

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lariatboy
That's the worst reply I've ever seen. Unplugging the actuator just drops the vacuum out of the system - no different than switching to 4wd, or pulling the vac lines off your IWE's. If your IWE's are grinding intermittently, that means you've got a vacuum leak somewhere. Look in the stickies section of this forum - you will find ALL you need to know, and then some, about every aspect of your 4WD and IWE system.

Could be the solenoid, a cracked line, bad check valve(s), bad vac reservoir, blockage in the line, bad IWE seal, pinched line, etc.
My bad i read it wrong. I thought it said it did it every once in a while. And it can be the aucator. If its only doing it on one side
Old 08-25-2012, 09:44 PM

I'm not to mechs ally Davy I think I'll let the dealer look at it looking at that list you gave me lol and it dosent do it when I'm moving above 25

Quick Reply: Holy ****