Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Hole through firewall for cable

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 03:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Hole through firewall for cable

Hi all. I am mounting an antenna on my driver side fender (where the hood gap is). I want to run the cable into the cab, probably through the firewall. The cable diameter is coaxial size but will likely have to consider the size of the BNC connector (0.575) it has already fixed on. Suggestions on an available route? Thanks for any help.
2007 F150 5.4 FX4 Supercrew.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Open your hood and look under and just to the left of the brake booster. There is a black rubber plug about 1 or 1 and 1/2 inches in diameter. Pull it out and cut it so that you can reinstall it with the wire running through. Inside the cab the plug is in the driver side footwell deep above the gas pedal on the firewall. You may have to pull the carpet down just a bit to see it. This is the best place I have found to run wires through the firewall. Goodluck with the installation!
The following users liked this post:
newcoyote (05-17-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 05:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chrislane00
Open your hood and look under and just to the left of the brake booster. There is a black rubber plug about 1 or 1 and 1/2 inches in diameter. Pull it out and cut it so that you can reinstall it with the wire running through. Inside the cab the plug is in the driver side footwell deep above the gas pedal on the firewall. You may have to pull the carpet down just a bit to see it. This is the best place I have found to run wires through the firewall. Goodluck with the installation!
Great. That is the kind of answer I was looking for. I'll start there, thank you.
EDIT: Found it. That'll work perfectly. Easier than I thought it would be.

Last edited by newcoyote; 05-17-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Hole through firewall for cable