Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

"Hissing" Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "Hissing" Noise

I have a very slight hissing that only happens above 25-30mph. It doesn't get any louder with speed but does not happen while sitting still. At first I thought it may be coming from the stereo, as it almost sounds like slight static, but it also happens w/o the radio on. It's not the tires, I have had them longer than the noise. It comes from the front, but does not seem to be from engine. Could it be a slight windshield leak? It seems to come from the base if windshield(?), but I have no moisture of any kind in cab. BTW truck is 2wd and yes I did search before asking. I'm stumped, anyone else had this problem?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:06 AM
poopin.....on this thread

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

could be something in the cowl area. i had some ice down there that has rattled around and when it hits a certain spot it will make some funny sounds....just a shot in the dark. first thing i would do is take it to a car wash and make sure you have all the junk off of it...and the pressure might show you where you have a slight leak in the windshield by having it start to fog up on the inside around it w/ hot water.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:37 PM

Thanks, but i live in South Florida even though its been cold here I'm pretty sure its not ice. Thanks for the reply, though, I'll keep looking.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 PM

mine was coming from what sounded like behind the cdplayer. turned out it was a leak in the EVAC cystem

Quick Reply: "Hissing" Noise