Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

High Beam Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Beam Light Problem - 2004 Supercrew

I tried to search for this but only found one similar post, so I hope this hasn't been covered before.

I just bought a 2004 supercrew a few days ago. Love it so far! However I found that the high beam lights didn't work. It has Daytime running lamps so when I flipped on the Highs the lows shut off and the DRL's stayed on, No highs. Found the high beam fuse blown and replaced it. Then I found out the right hand high beam worked but the left didn't. However now when the high beams are turned now the DRL's shut off. So I replaced the Left bulb and both worked. I drove from my shop 25 miles home without the lights on, when I got home and pulled into the garage I flicked the high beams a couple times just to check them and the second time the Right bulb flashed and burned out! What's going on?

The low beam filiment still woks just the high beam went out. Should the left and right been replaced together? The fuse is still alright.

Could something be blowing out the highs and have blown the fuse the first time?

Any ideas will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by Graphics2U; 05-15-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:03 PM

If your fuse was blown, could it be a short in the wiring or the wire harness that controls all the lights? Is your fuse blown again?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by bcb06
If your fuse was blown, could it be a short in the wiring or the wire harness that controls all the lights? Is your fuse blown again?
Fuse is still ok. I did replace the right hand bulb and found that the base of the bulb was cracked, so i'm wondering if that had something to do with it. I've used the high beams very little since then but they are still working. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:46 PM

I have a 04 f 150 and my high beams keep blowing I've bought 4 or 6 headlights in less then 2 yes I don't know what the problem is wish I did
Old 03-03-2015, 06:04 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

By chance, are you touching the bulb glass with your fingers? These bulbs require that you do not touch the glass with your fingers, as the oils will cause the bulbs to fail early.

Quick Reply: High Beam Light Problem