Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HID projector retrofit

Old 08-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default HID projector retrofit

I searched and did not find anything.Has anyone attempted a true HID retrofit on a 04 and newer F-150 on this forum?

I am will be installing my H13 Hi/Low 6000k plug-n-play kit soon......but I would like to use my chrome bezeled headlamps to do a mock up retrofit for testing after I get my Harley Headlamps.

I saw the Q45 retrofit on HIDplanet but paying $400 for a set of those projectors is a little higher than I wanted to go,but I am thinking an Acura TL might be the way to go with a custom shroud.

Below are some pics

The top 3 are the Q45 projector which is low beam only(sucks)
The bottom pic is the beam pattern of the Acura TL projector which is a Bi-xenon..
Attached Images      

Last edited by djquik1; 08-19-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:58 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I've seen people do this on other site's but I have yet to see one on this one. They seem to be a little more hands on than anyone really want's to do.

I think it will turn out great, and from experience the TL lights will be great.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
I've seen people do this on other site's but I have yet to see one on this one. They seem to be a little more hands on than anyone really want's to do.

I think it will turn out great, and from experience the TL lights will be great.
I have done a few retrofits in the last year and am currently working on one for a 07 Mustang right now.

I did one on my Mazda 2 years ago and swapped in some ECE E46 projectors into it and will be doing another retrofit next month it it to a FX bi-xenon projector with a TSX lense and a color mod,nothing like having High Beam HID's.

I had originally thought about using an FX projector for the F-150 but the housings are so big and that projector is the smallest Bi-xenon on the market.I really didn't want to make fiberglass shrouds if I don't have too.

Currently I am trying to source some TL projectors and will be using a ZKW lense.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:24 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I would hitup the junk yards and see what you can come up with.

Have you thought about selling these assemblies?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:46 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

I will probably sell the prototype units but to do one right I would estimate me having at least 6-10 hours of time in them to make them fully functional(adjusters all work,painted bezels,watertight dust caps,sealed lenses,etc)

If the market was there I might do it as a combination with an HID kit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID projector retrofit