Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HID Light HELP!!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HID Light HELP!!!!

I just bought some HID lights for the truck. I installed them and they were working fine, till this morning. When I went to unlock the truck, using the remote, the lights flashed like they wanted to come on and immediately went out. The parking lights were on though. I checked the fuse and found that the right low beam fuse was blown. I replaced that but still no headlights. I unhooked the HID lights and plugged in the halogen from before and still no change.Here are a few things that I have noticed that is wrong:

The auto lights will turn the parking lights on when I unlock the truck with the remote. (Auto lights Dependant on the light)

When I start the truck, the parking lights turn off, even when it is dark out.

When I turn the lights on manually the parking lights come on.

No other electrical issues in the truck.

When I check the fuses, all of the ones that have to do with the headlamps are not getting any power to the fuse.

Fuses are not blown.

I am in dire need of some assistance. The instructions that came with the HID lights are shady at best. I am wondering if a relay has gone bad but cannot find any that would be located anywhere other than the main fuse box and the small one under the hood.

My truck is an 06 supercab xlt 4x4. Please help. I have exhausted every angle I could think of.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Offshore Poster

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your grounds and find a new ground if you have to...that's always a good place to start. Where did you ground them? One side of mine stopped working but it was just a bad ground.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 PM

The system did not require a ground. It was pretty much a plug and play. Problem is that I have no power going to any lights and no high beams. It is really strange that, with the lights being on their own fuse, I would lose the ability to have any lights. I am stumped.

The lights are made by Kensun. I attached the wiring diagram that they supply.

I was also wondering if anyone knew which wire was which on the headlight harness? I have a black one in the middle and a green one on one side and different colors for the others.
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Vince/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 PM

After some exhaustive research and testing, it looks like it may be the light switch that is bad. Does anyone know how many hot wires are supposed to be coming in? Where might I go to find the part number of the switch so I am not getting raped by the dealer?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID Light HELP!!!!