Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HID install problems HELP

Old 11-20-2009, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID install problems HELP

Hey guys, im new to the site, just got my truck a week ago 06 f150 fx4 scab. Will post pics soon. Anyway i put HIDs in last night, heads and fogs, and when you turn just the headlights on it works fine, if you turn the fogs on the high beam indicater on the dash lights up, but its dim. If i turn the high beams on all is good. Basically anytime the foglights are on the high beam indicater light is on. They seem to work fine just cant figure out why the high beam indicater is lighting up? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks YFZFX4
Old 11-21-2009, 07:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your plug and play i dont know the answer, but if you getto rigged them then switch the positive on the headlight plug.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

You are not the first to have this issue. Search for HID threads and you should find some info.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YFZFX4
Hey guys, im new to the site, just got my truck a week ago 06 f150 fx4 scab. Will post pics soon. Anyway i put HIDs in last night, heads and fogs, and when you turn just the headlights on it works fine, if you turn the fogs on the high beam indicater on the dash lights up, but its dim. If i turn the high beams on all is good. Basically anytime the foglights are on the high beam indicater light is on. They seem to work fine just cant figure out why the high beam indicater is lighting up? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks YFZFX4
def not the first person. nor was I, had the same issue, I have since fixed it. PM me ill see if I can help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID install problems HELP