Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2004 - 2008 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read StoreVendor Directory

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Sending truck in to ford tomorrow am, I hope they can find the issue. I put my intake back on and the problem is horrible again. Ford assured me that the intake won't void the warranty so we'll see. Fingers effing crossed.......

This is not throttle lag. This has nothing to do with tuning. Something is clearly wrong.my truck was never like this before I took it in for a trans flush and phaser replacement. Not sure if that has anything to do with the problem at all but something is horribly wrong now. Truck boggs to all hell at 1500 rpms in high gear on freeway and this huge hum fills the entire cab. Truck won't progress in mph or rpms even if I slowly feed it 20% more throttle, hum remains constant, rpms won't progress or mph in the slightest. If I give it about 50% more throttle the truck will downshift and feel perfect, upshift into 4th, lock overdrive and bog to all hell again. Id say with my situation, on the freeway, its 60% throttle and more or the truck doesn't drive right. Driving in traffing is enough to contemplate suicide lol. If ford can't find the issue I'm getting a lemon law lawer and looking for them to repurchase. I've put 4k in repairs into this truck since I bought it in november and frankly its a heap of trash that looks awesome. Really disappointed with ford now. Unfortunately my next vehicle will have to be an 03-04 cobra still disappointed though.

Last edited by ZX6ROCKET; 06-10-2011 at 02:03 AM.
ZX6ROCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

So it started raining last night, started the truck today and it was running perfect on the way to the shop. Waiting for hot weather and trying again. Only did it very lightly today. . Insert angry sigh.....................................
ZX6ROCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #53
Member
 
livelifefreely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Since you're running 35s have you re-geard to 4:56? I'm having similar problems and was told it my be my gears since I'm running near 35 nitto Grapplers.
livelifefreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:14 AM   #54
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Same exact problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6ROCKET View Post
Sending truck in to ford tomorrow am, I hope they can find the issue. I put my intake back on and the problem is horrible again. Ford assured me that the intake won't void the warranty so we'll see. Fingers effing crossed.......

This is not throttle lag. This has nothing to do with tuning. Something is clearly wrong.my truck was never like this before I took it in for a trans flush and phaser replacement. Not sure if that has anything to do with the problem at all but something is horribly wrong now. Truck boggs to all hell at 1500 rpms in high gear on freeway and this huge hum fills the entire cab. Truck won't progress in mph or rpms even if I slowly feed it 20% more throttle, hum remains constant, rpms won't progress or mph in the slightest. If I give it about 50% more throttle the truck will downshift and feel perfect, upshift into 4th, lock overdrive and bog to all hell again. Id say with my situation, on the freeway, its 60% throttle and more or the truck doesn't drive right. Driving in traffing is enough to contemplate suicide lol. If ford can't find the issue I'm getting a lemon law lawer and looking for them to repurchase. I've put 4k in repairs into this truck since I bought it in november and frankly its a heap of trash that looks awesome. Really disappointed with ford now. Unfortunately my next vehicle will have to be an 03-04 cobra still disappointed though.

ZX6Rocket: I have the same problem... have been putting up with it for over a year, trying to troubleshoot it. I still have not figured it out, but now I'm seriously wondering if its a clogged cat, specially since it tends to happen worse on hot days. I've read that a clogged cat sometimes shows symptoms after the exhaust gets really hot, so it would make sense that a hot day would aggravate the problem. In my tests, I've replaced the plugs, checked the COPs and replaced one. Cleaned the MAF, cleaned the throttle body. Replaced the TPS, replaced the throttle body gasket, replaced the fuel filter. I had a K&N intake, and it made the problems worse so now I'm back to stock. Almost forgot, I also replaced one of the variable cam timing solenoids, and plan to replace the second shortly. I've looked for vacuum leaks and cannot find any so far, and I have scanned the computer several times, but no codes. Please let me know if you find anything out, this problem is really driving me nuts.
ojazz1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

So it rained all day saturday, got sunny on Sunday and of course all ford service is closed. Shooting for tomorrow or Tuesday now.

Also not the lift or tires as my truck was running fine with both 3 months ago. I know the tires kill the acceleration and overall grunt but this is a huge bog/delay. Imagine driving on the freeway and you let off the gas to stop tailgaiting someone in front of you, they pull farther away so you go to get back on the gas. When you get back on the gas the truck bogs down and power cuts out, as soon as you feed it 75 % pedal, truck takes off and is fine. come to a neutral cruise and go to pass or accelerate again and it bogs. Literally have to drive with a lead foot or it goes nowhere.

Almost does feel like the cats could be plugged. I had a civic that had that issue and it felt similar. Not sure how temps would play into that though. The cat stays scorching hot regardless of ambient temp but who knows. Keep you all posted.
ZX6ROCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #56
Moderator
5 Year Member
 
Bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Orlando, Florida and Dallas, Texas
Posts: 6,630
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 68 Times in 56 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifefreely View Post
Installed the coils today. Not to difficult. Passenger side was the worst of the two. Rear coil on driver side wasn't even pushed down all the way and the screw was about two turns from falling out. Anyway, I could tell a huge difference as soon as I started driving it. Response was night and day. Haven't driven enough to know if the original problem is still there but I will keep posting the more I drive it.
From your original post, you mentioned you had someone replace the plugs....a loose COP would have been their fault! Now you have new ones that most likely were not needed.

Good luck with the lemon law; since you put additional mods onto the truck, you're going to have a large battle convincing the mediator (if it goes that far) that the truck is a lemon.

One of the troubles with diagnosing faults on forums; you get many answers, and just throwing parts at the engine will indeed eventually repair it. I'm just glad you did not cut the cats (yet), or replace the PCM... while some of these corrected other folks problems, it may not help you, other then emptying your wallet, only to find you have the same fault.

Sometimes backing up to when it ran well, then stepping forward in your mods will provide a good place to look for a fault.

Whatever you do, stop tossing parts at it! Find someone else to take the truck to (or have your dad take it to) and get it diagnosed and repaired without replacing parts that do nothing! This is why (and justifyably so) your upset with the truck. Heck, the next post I'm expecting someone to state is "I had the same problem"....replaced the engine and now all is well"!
__________________
Give an answer, they learn for the day; suggest a search, they learn for a lifetime.

2005 F150 STX Regular Cab (4.2 liter V6)

Last edited by Bucko; 06-13-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #57
Member
 
livelifefreely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6ROCKET View Post
So it rained all day saturday, got sunny on Sunday and of course all ford service is closed. Shooting for tomorrow or Tuesday now.

Also not the lift or tires as my truck was running fine with both 3 months ago. I know the tires kill the acceleration and overall grunt but this is a huge bog/delay. Imagine driving on the freeway and you let off the gas to stop tailgaiting someone in front of you, they pull farther away so you go to get back on the gas. When you get back on the gas the truck bogs down and power cuts out, as soon as you feed it 75 % pedal, truck takes off and is fine. come to a neutral cruise and go to pass or accelerate again and it bogs. Literally have to drive with a lead foot or it goes nowhere.

Almost does feel like the cats could be plugged. I had a civic that had that issue and it felt similar. Not sure how temps would play into that though. The cat stays scorching hot regardless of ambient temp but who knows. Keep you all posted.
Since you're running 35s have you re-geard to 4:56? I'm having similar problems and was told it my be my gears since I'm running near 35 nitto Grapplers.
livelifefreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifefreely View Post
Since you're running 35s have you re-geard to 4:56? I'm having similar problems and was told it my be my gears since I'm running near 35 nitto Grapplers.
No, its not the gears. I do need them horribly but that isn't the cause. I've always had these gears and tires since I bought the truck from ford and it didn't do this in november.

Also to buckos point above, I bought the truck lifted and with 35's from ford. Not sure there's much they can do if I give them 3 attempts at fixing. I havet added anything to the truck besides the intake and I can take that off.
ZX6ROCKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6ROCKET View Post
So it rained all day saturday, got sunny on Sunday and of course all ford service is closed. Shooting for tomorrow or Tuesday now.

Also not the lift or tires as my truck was running fine with both 3 months ago. I know the tires kill the acceleration and overall grunt but this is a huge bog/delay. Imagine driving on the freeway and you let off the gas to stop tailgaiting someone in front of you, they pull farther away so you go to get back on the gas. When you get back on the gas the truck bogs down and power cuts out, as soon as you feed it 75 % pedal, truck takes off and is fine. come to a neutral cruise and go to pass or accelerate again and it bogs. Literally have to drive with a lead foot or it goes nowhere.

Almost does feel like the cats could be plugged. I had a civic that had that issue and it felt similar. Not sure how temps would play into that though. The cat stays scorching hot regardless of ambient temp but who knows. Keep you all posted.
TORQUE CONVERTER?

Does this only happen in 3 and 4th gear?
Mine sort of showed these symptoms till i got my edge, and adjusted the TC lock positions.
__________________
2006 F150
FX4, 5.4L
K&N FIPK, Edge Tuner.
freebird518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #60
Member
 
livelifefreely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird518 View Post
TORQUE CONVERTER?

Does this only happen in 3 and 4th gear?
Mine sort of showed these symptoms till i got my edge, and adjusted the TC lock positions.
I got an Edge not to long ago. What did you set your TC lock positions to?
livelifefreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:51 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sluggish @ 40 mph? ca3sar 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 3 12-16-2009 06:44 PM
06 sluggish? 06fordf150 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 9 11-12-2009 08:03 PM
sluggish acceleration jam021 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 6 10-08-2009 12:13 PM
4.6 Sluggish Need Help bigbluefan09 Engine / Drivetrain Talk 18 07-31-2009 08:34 AM
4.6 sluggish, sirmo 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 19 12-07-2008 06:37 PM

 

The Mustang Source

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.